Old 01-15-2013, 12:21 AM   #1 
BettaPirate

I have seen some weird tanks but...

this one takes the cake!!!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aqua-Squar...arium/17634292
BettaPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:36 AM   #2 
Bluewind

I know the responsible side of me is supposed to comment about the filtration and everything else about the tank, but... I just wanna stare at it and say "pretty, pretty"
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:44 AM   #3 
Phaydra

They look pretty and they do include a filtration system. I won't buy one though. I would think all the activity around a tank in such a high traffic area and the sound of things being set on the table could cause a lot of stress for the fish.
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:11 AM   #4 
Bluewind

I know. That's the kinds of things I'm "supposed" to think of, but that tank is so cool and as few visitors as I would get, I could find a fish that that tank wouldn't stress... pretty, pretty
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #5 
BettaPirate

Yeah, it actually isn't a bad tank in iteself I don't think it's the fact that it's also a table and in my house would be one of the most high traffic areas! Oh and my cats would harass the heck out of those fish!
BettaPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #6 
Vizja13

Yeah, I think heating would be an issue...and I think the whole 2 dogs/ 2 cats thing (said cats enjoy sitting ON our coffee table) might cause an issue or ten. Plus how do you feed?
Vizja13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #7 
carbonxxkidd

I kind of want one, lol. It'd be a pain to clean though and my dog would probably break that cover glass...haha.

I have seen some similar at this place in New Orleans though that had small animals in them (gerbils, tarantulas, etc)...I think that'd be more practical, at least you wouldn't need to worry about flooding...

It still surprises me that Walmart sells stuff like that, though.
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #8 
Phaydra

It could work as a planted tank with shrimp. The only fish I can think off the top of my head that would stand the high traffic part would be Koi but it would have to be the size of your living room to be viable for them. As a small rodent home I could see the possibilities. The tank and matching end tables are made for show though and I am sure there was little thought to the comfort of fish involved in the design.

Oh you could add this to the set

Then watch your favorite fish show on your new TV

And for the commercial break you can run to the toilet

Then wash your hands before you go back to the TV

Last edited by Phaydra; 01-15-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #9 
Bluewind

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaPirate View Post
Yeah, it actually isn't a bad tank in iteself I don't think it's the fact that it's also a table and in my house would be one of the most high traffic areas! Oh and my cats would harass the heck out of those fish!
Oh then my friend Amanda would love this! Her fish LOVE her cat and visa versa (she googled it and said it works as enrichment for both). Her fish pats the sides of her tanks and the fish follow her around. When she moved the tank, her fish and cat got bumish, so she put the cat's windowseat beside it and now, everyone is happy!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #10 
madmonahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaydra View Post
It could work as a planted tank with shrimp. The only fish I can think off the top of my head that would stand the high traffic part would be Koi but it would have to be the size of your living room to be viable for them. As a small rodent home I could see the possibilities. The tank and matching end tables are made for show though and I am sure there was little thought to the comfort of fish involved in the design.

Oh you could add this to the set

Then watch your favorite fish show on your new TV

And for the commercial break you can run to the toilet

Then wash your hands before you go back to the TV
haha, I love what you did with this!
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote