Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #11 
RoMay

They also make rectangular tanks like that, bars, dinner tables, and desks. I have seen em all for sale. Really there just like a regular tank you can add filtration and a heater you'll just have to live with the site of it.

http://www.petco.com/product/15326/M...m-Octagon.aspx

Though if you wish to cut corners:

Last edited by RoMay; 01-15-2013 at 05:29 PM.
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #12 
carbonxxkidd

Okay, all of those tanks are fine except for the sink, lol...I would think the constant temperature changes from hand washing would really disrupt the fish!
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #13 
Phaydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonxxkidd View Post
Okay, all of those tanks are fine except for the sink, lol...I would think the constant temperature changes from hand washing would really disrupt the fish!
I think you would have the same issue with the toilet tank every time you flushed unless you put extra money into setting up the incoming water to the correct temperature. Most toilets are only connect with cold water lines. Honestly I really don't see any of them being all that practical except the TV one. It's a stand though and was just build to house an aquarium/equipment.
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #14 
madmonahan

This is how the toilets are set up:

http://www.bettafish.com/attachment....1&d=1358290793
Attached Images

madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:16 PM   #15 
MrVampire181

I hate show off type tanks unless they're the TV ones. The rest look dumb and non-functioning. Sure cool conceptually but terrible IRL. And for the $700 coffee table tank I can build another drip system to house another 40 bettas.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #16 
Phaydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmonahan View Post
This is how the toilets are set up:

http://www.bettafish.com/attachment....1&d=1358290793

Yeah but you still have a cold water tank against a tank that needs a constant temperature. There would be some fluctuation every time it was flushed even with a heater. The acrylic (I really hope it's not glass) layers would only protect so much. I do think they are pretty to look at but I find them very impractical. I like to build computers and I would consider using them to make the oil cooled aquarium towers but never to put fish in.

I agree with Mekko though if I had the money to spend on a tank like that I would use it to make a drip system for more Bettas. You know what makes Bettas better? More Bettas!
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote