Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-15-2013, 10:06 AM   #1 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Best fert ?

What would be the best fert for a 5 gallon tank with Anacharis, Hornwort, Watersprite and a Banana plant ? In the past my Anacharis has been getting yellow and I just pinch that part off till there my poor stem is gone. My Hornwort just looses all its needles after awhile. I am getting all new plants in a couple of days and this will be my first time having Watersprite and a Banana plant I hope they do well. I think maybe I have been putting to many plants in my tank maybe thats why they die, or my light is bad and I getting a new one of those too just in case. Thought I would get this one

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Anyway I have never used ferts before and maybe its time I did since I want my new plants to do well !!! Any ideas what would be good to use for the plants mentioned above ? Thanks !!!
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #2 
Nothingness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseusmom View Post
or my light is bad and I getting a new one of those too just in case. Thought I would get this one

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
there is a good chance it could just be your lighting. That is one of the more important factors in plant growth. That bulb should be fine for you.

As far as fert goes I have never used any so I cannot answer that for you? What is your substrate? just gravel or did you do a NPT?
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #3 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Thanks I am for sure getting that new light. I have just gravel. I am thinking of doing a NPT this Spring since I have and extra 5 gallon just sitting around and then if it does well I can move him to that one. I want to do the next one with some dirt ad sand I love sand wishes I had used it instead of gravel in the 5 gallon he is in now but I didnt know you could use sand, he is my first ever fish.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #4 
aemaki09

The light looks good.

I use flourish comprehensive. It's working realt well, possibly a little too well in my tanks. It comes very highly recommended on the planted tank forums I'm in.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote