Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #21 
Mal72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
Dang, sorry she is not getting better, however, sadly, when they age out along with other issue-very little we can do except to make them comfy. The loss of a pet is never easy-but keep your chin up.....
Hey Everyone, I just wanted to give you an update. Flare has passed away. I figured after seeing the symptoms of Dropsy, that he would not have lived much longer. In his final hours, I was able to feed him and his tank stayed very warm. He did not show any signs of struggle, so I trust that he went peacefully. It's sad to think that he is dead, but I hated seeing him in pain, too. Never being one to flush a fish down the toilet, I put him in a jar, put his name and years (Date I bought him to day he died) on it, and buried him next to my other pets. I put lilly petals in the grave around him. I just wanted to take a picture of his jar to have...I already went out and bought another one, a halfmoon, but he is not red. I am thinking; however, that I may get a Flare the 2nd one day because he was very special to me. Thank you to everyone for all of their suggestions and sticking with me on this!
Attached Images

Mal72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #22 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I have never seen a case of fin rot that aquarium sals can't touch, sorry Callistra. Read this article- http://bettasplendid.weebly.com/fin-rot-101.html
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:54 AM   #23 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Oops! I should probably read every page! Rip flare!
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #24 
callistra

I have seen many many cases of fin rot that aquarium salt can't touch. Not all bacteria is highly sensitive to salt. Sorry you haven't heard of bacteria which cannot be destroyed with salt.. Just because you've never heard of it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Mal72, very sorry for your loss :(
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:00 PM   #25 
Mal72

Quote:
Originally Posted by callistra View Post
I have seen many many cases of fin rot that aquarium salt can't touch. Not all bacteria is highly sensitive to salt. Sorry you haven't heard of bacteria which cannot be destroyed with salt.. Just because you've never heard of it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Mal72, very sorry for your loss :(
Thanks Callistra and Matt, I'm glad he is not suffering anymore, but I am always going to miss him and his cranky little attitude! I am doing pretty well holding myself together today.
Mal72 is offline   Reply With Quote