Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #31 
AyalaCookiejar

It won't ruin the cycle... But if you go too long without a food source, the bacteria will die off. The only thing that would ruin your cycle would be turning off the filter for too long or adding unconditioned water to the tank. Both your fish and your good bacteria need water conditioner :)

Also, its possible they were being picked on. There were three females in the tank, right? Chances are the tank wasn't decorated enough and plus, you need more than three females for them to live together.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #32 
Roemgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
It won't ruin the cycle... But if you go too long without a food source, the bacteria will die off. The only thing that would ruin your cycle would be turning off the filter for too long or adding unconditioned water to the tank. Both your fish and your good bacteria need water conditioner :)

Also, its possible they were being picked on. There were three females in the tank, right? Chances are the tank wasn't decorated enough and plus, you need more than three females for them to live together.
Ok good :) I will be doing my water changes tomorrow :D (finally lol!) And I did add the ammonia to my 5 gallon but I never got around to doing it to the 10 gallon so I may just add some of Umi's old water after I do the big change so that there will be some ammonia. And here's the million dollar question, how in the world do I introduce him to the cycled water safely? Or at least how long should I take? Because I'm so scared to go to fast!

I know that the litter one, Half n Half was defiantly especially with her back end being dead skin. And there was only one little plant in the middle, bright lights and a ton of other fish and frogs. They were supposedly in a 25 gallon tank but the frogs were aggressive and there was no cover for them at all.
Roemgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #33 
AyalaCookiejar

Float a cup in the tank to get the temperature to the same temp and slowly add small amounts of new tank water to the cup in increments of like 15 minutes. You can slowly reduce the time of the increments and increase the amount of water you add (like spoonfuls). I'd go at least an hour, or as much time as you have. The longer, the better.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #34 
ANHEL123

Hey,you get a great help here, i just want to make sure you don't share anything between your sick fish and your other fish
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:21 AM   #35 
Roemgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANHEL123 View Post
Hey,you get a great help here, i just want to make sure you don't share anything between your sick fish and your other fish
No no this is a completely different tank from the one with my sick girl, don't worry :)
Old 01-20-2013, 07:22 AM   #36 
Roemgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
Float a cup in the tank to get the temperature to the same temp and slowly add small amounts of new tank water to the cup in increments of like 15 minutes. You can slowly reduce the time of the increments and increase the amount of water you add (like spoonfuls). I'd go at least an hour, or as much time as you have. The longer, the better.
Ok, I'll hopefully have that time and more so that I don't stress her out by hurrying especially since She would have about an hours drive before she got to my room
Old 01-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #37 
Roemgie

My new girl is happily enjoying her tank!!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:50 AM   #38 
ANHEL123

Oh good!!!!! Good luck:)
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:44 PM   #39 
Roemgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANHEL123 View Post
Oh good!!!!! Good luck:)
Thank you :) she seems like she is incredible happy with her new set up!! I really cannot wait to be able to get my bigger tank and get more females so she can have company :D

This picture makes her look scary but the sun wasn't out on our side lol