Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-06-2013, 07:30 AM   #41 
MiyuMikaelson

Is Soady's plan 100% perfect? No. But I haven't seen people harassing others about this kind of thing. I've seen multiple first time breeder questions where people are like, "Would these two be good" or "pick a girl for my boy". But we assume that they know exactly what they're doing? At least Soady's got a general idea about what's going to happen and what will happen with the fry.

This thread was about his fishes journeys of recovery and the thoughts about breeding them. I think they're lovely and that the body shapes will balance each other out well. The anal fins will probably be long on the babies, but that's with a lot of other breeders. Including professionals who are breeding to sell on Aquabid.
MiyuMikaelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:46 AM   #42 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Quote:
The above pictures are taken at their worst state (she was in a jar with him for 2 days while I was hiding them from my girfriend, can you imagine?! His picture was taken once he got clamped fins from bad keeping).
Soady kept his fish together in a jar for two days. That is ridiculously irresponsible. And now we are believing that he knows what he is doing? To be brutally honest, With his current plan it is likely that the parents and the fry will not survive.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:49 AM   #43 
MiyuMikaelson

I've seen less responsible fish ownership. What he did wasn't right, but he's worked his butt off to improve the living conditions for them. Conditions I think are rather swimming for them. Owning a new animal requires learning about them and evolving to make sure they're happy and content with life.

If we keep holding the first 2 days against Soady, nothing will ever be good enough. The fact that their current setup is nice seems completely shadowed out by something that happened when he first got them. Was it right? No. But I've seen people leave betta's in a couple cups of water before and never improve the living conditions.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:55 AM   #44 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Um... May I just point out that I have 11 bettas that I have bred, and I can tell you right now that this will not work.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:59 AM   #45 
MiyuMikaelson

Alright? May I point out that instead of constructive advice, you've been deconstructively tearing at Soady's person? Any advice is negated with all of the harsh statements. It makes you seem more like some crazed person bent on tearing Soady down as a person, rather than a fish fanatic that wants to help someone figure out a perfect plan.

Whether or not you agree with breeding VT's, or certain colors has no business in this. They are his fish, and if he chooses to breed that's his right. But at least give some non-judgmental advice on how to properly set it up so that his fish have the best chance for survival.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:05 AM   #46 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I'm sorry, but he also has no right to put his fishes life's in danger.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #47 
MiyuMikaelson

As with all animals including livestock, traditional house pets, birds and etc. They are by legal standards his property. So he does in fact. Whether or not we agree with it, don't we owe it to the fish to at least give some constructive advice that will give his fish the best shot at survival? From how to properly prepare the parents to be to raising and caring for the fry.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:10 AM   #48 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Why aren't you giving advice? And fish are animals, living beings. The legality of it may say otherwise, but animals are not ours to kill or abuse.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #49 
dramaqueen
Banned

You guys are carrying this arguement from one thread to the other. I know you guys are concerned for Soady's fish but he/she has gotten some good advice from another member and I'm sure, will be following it. Screaming and yelling at Soady is NOT helping matters. All this arguing is upsetting to others who are reading this thread.Please treat others the way you want to be treated. Thank you.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #50 
soady

MiyuMikaelson, thank you for defending me. I don't want anyone to argue, I have done the best for my fish, and it is true that I was badly informed when I got them, but 4 moths had passed since then and I have done everything to keep my fish properly.

As dramaqueen mentioned, I am getting good advice from Myates, and she is extremely helpful. Also, I have read tons of advice about bettas, including all the stickies in here, and Myates is helping me with questions about my, particular case.

I am unsure of why MattsBettas thinks that one person can not learn. He did see how I keep my bettas, what I feed them, how they look like, etc.

I will say it again, I gave up the idea of spawning in a community tank and I will have everything needed for a successful spawn, proper conditioning, tanks, jars, fry food...
soady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta recovery tank