Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #51 
MiyuMikaelson

That's a great update, Soady! Glad to hear everything's going to be prepared for your Fry. Do you know when you're going to plan on spawning or is it just future tense?
:)
MiyuMikaelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #52 
soady

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiyuMikaelson View Post
That's a great update, Soady! Glad to hear everything's going to be prepared for your Fry. Do you know when you're going to plan on spawning or is it just future tense?
It will be in April. I will have more time to tend the fry and it will be a lot warmer here, in Serbia. I will definitely make a Spawn Log thread. :)

Everything will be prepared. I already have 4 types of frozen food for conditioning. The plastic containers I will buy in a month, I already found a suitable one (20g), and I will buy another one if I have a big spawn. It will be a setup with a heater and some floating plants, he will probably make a nest just under them. I will put bacopa caroliniana in the plastic container too, for hiding. The fry will be fed infusoria for the first two days and then newly hatched baby brine shrimp. I will buy Sera's Artemia mix, from what I've read on forums, everyone says that it will hatch nicely. I will also find as many live cultures as I can. They don't have them in stores here like in USA, but I will connect with some people on serbian forums who will provide me with starter cultures.
soady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #53 
MiyuMikaelson

Awesome! I'd love if you kept a Spawning Log on this website in that forum, so that we could see how the process is going for you as well as how the Fry turn out and start to color.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #54 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm looking forward to reading the spawn log, too.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #55 
soady

Thanks! I will post regularly and probably have a lot of questions, so make sure you contribute! :)
Old 03-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #56 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I read through this thread, and I must say, I am appalled at the behavior of some of you.
Can you not see that Soady's journey they are choosing to share has obviously been a learning experience? Getting better and learning more about bettas constantly? Obviously Soady is still learning (like all of us are, no matter how long you've kept fish), and is even open to advice from others... And people are coming here with nothing but complaints? I am sure if you would have worded things more nicely you would have a better reception.

I will ask you to stop posting now if you have issues in this thread as you have pushed things too far. Yelling and screaming is not how we teach people here.

Soady, if you wish to breed, breeding is a big journey and takes a lot of work and research. If you are planning on breeding, we have a lot of information here on the forum. Just because you have veil tails doesn't mean you shouldn't breed them (though you may not want to of they are old). As long as the ethics of the animals are considered, everyone should be free to enjoy the hobby as they wish.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #57 
MiyuMikaelson

Awesome Soady! Excited for sure to see how it goes for you.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #58 
soady

They are under a year old so they should be fine. The female already had eggs on her own one time, so I know that won't be a problem for her. :)

Thank you for making the post, Olympia!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #59 
Kiara1125

It's great to hear that they're doing good, Soady! :)
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #60 
Hershey

I wish you luck Soady! c: I'll be on the watch for your log!

Personally I was rather upset at the two of you who slammed him down like that. He fixed what he did wrong, his fish look great now, and he has a lot more knowledge. Yelling and raging only makes a person get tense and defensive, and that's not a warm welcome to this thread, now is it?
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta recovery tank