1) Scales are only raised on the one spot no where else.
2) His poop is like red orange-ish. Has always been that color. He does not seem to be pooping much though and not a lot in amount either.
3) I fed him the inside part after running it under hot water. Balled it up into bite side pieces. Fed him about 1/4 or 1/6 each time. No loss of appetite ever.
What size is your tank? 5 Gallon (Not Pictured)
What temperature is your tank? Consistent 87.5 F
Does your tank have a filter? Yes - Biofilter
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? Surface by pump
Is your tank heated? Yes 87.5 F
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? None
What type of food do you feed your betta fish?
NLS Betta Pellets / Once a week bloodworms
How often do you feed your betta fish?
Twice a day ~ 3 pellets two times daily
How often do you perform a water change?
Once a Week Sometimes Sooner
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change?
Roughly Half - Last Two Times 80% to get rid of tetracycline
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change?
Stress Coat Plus (Was Adding AQ Salt but now Epsom Salt (5/4 tsp)
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?
I have not tested the water parameters.
Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed?
Very swollen on side seems to have gotten larger.
Scales out due to swelling on spot. Only one one side.
How has your betta fish's behavior changed?
Seems to still be very active and usual jumpy.
Sometimes seems to sleep a little more then usual.
Still peppy overall though.
When did you start noticing the symptoms?
About 3 Weeks Ago - Swelling Has Come and Go but is worse now.
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how?
1) Started fasting and using peas - didn't improve condition
2) Gave full dosing of tetracycline (2 days water replace 2 days water replace) - no fix. Swelling went down a bit but came right back.
3) Removed AQ salt and put in Epsom Salt slowly - over few days at 5/8 tsp.
4) Gave Epsom Salt Bath - no improvement / reduction of swelling (just did though).
Does your fish have any history of being ill?
Seems to be a tail biter at times (can see frays in picture). Had some white spots on body before. Eventually left after Ick Treatment / Salt / Heat. Still not sure if was really ick.
How old is your fish (approximately)? Probably about a 1 1/2 to 1 2/3.