Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #11 
callistra

It's also possible he has a tumor or general organ failure not related to infection.. but if it is bacterial kanaplex should help.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:11 PM   #12 
Skyewillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by callistra View Post
It's also possible he has a tumor or general organ failure not related to infection.. but if it is bacterial kanaplex should help.
I was about to say, our girl has a bump kind of like that, so I did a lot of research, bettas can have tumors (liquid or solid), boils, cysts, and abscesses. For the most part, they're very unsightly, and draining is not recommended unless it begins to severely affect the quality of your fish's life.

The procedures for treating bacterial or parasitic lumps won't affect these the same way.

The thing that's bothering me is that he's not pooping, that's the only major difference between my sick fish and yours, Jade is still pretty regular.

We're hoping your guy feels better soon.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #13 
techstud85

I have noticed something new about his condition that is really strange. His side that has the clear bulge is large enough that I can see through him and notice a white cauliflower like White shape inside. I am wondering if this might be some sort of parasite or something cause it looks very odd. It seems to be larger when he eats if that is any help. I also have not seen much poo as well as noticing the side seems to have some red lines in it. I have only been feeding him small amounts of freeze dried daphnia.

Here is what treatments he's currently on:
1) kanaplex (halfway through a second round) - external treatment.
2) 6 tsp of Epsom salt for the 5 gallon tank.
3) tank contains an Indian almond leaf as well.

Anyone ever see something like this and treat it?
Attached Images

techstud85 is offline   Reply With Quote