Originally Posted by Sena Hansler
Fin rot can also be caused from stress, which lowers the immune system therefore getting a result such as fin rot, or more severe cases and not excluding parasites. Not just from water quality.
Yes indeed. But there is nothing stressful about his environment and he's been doing just fine until recently i have to take a leave of absence for 2 months and left him with my mother(doesnt know how to clean tanks) but i made her do regular water changes but that definitely wasnt enough. His tank was still pretty filthy when i came back and did immediate cleaning then went out and bought some LifeGuard All-In-One and started treatment a day after I cleaned his tank. (16 hours after ingestion; he's seems fine, swimming around all happily but still watching him closely)
Also no external parasites that i can see, no bloating, no awkward swimming suggesting it could be internal parasites either