They'll get use to it I think xD lol. The baby bettas freaked out too LOL
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:25 PM   #72 
Syriiven

Aww~ xD
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:16 AM   #73 
Shadyr

You've got lovely fish! I love your EE, so pretty! Wish I could find a local EE girl for my startup sorority.

It's the same here with the females. The males are up front in showy displays, the girls are often hidden with the tank ornaments. In trying to build up a sorority, I've had several I purchased not make it through a week :\ There's just not many, and the ones they have are as often as not looking rather poorly by the time I see them.
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #74 
Sena Hansler

Delilah and Kira have gotten a lot better, and they both do not have their stress stripes anymore!! Delilah after her treatment had shed her slime coat... Which to be honest I've never seen until now. What a mess to clean up though

Pet Valu backed out, which irks me since they wasted my time. So now I'll have to see if the local mom-and-pop store will take them.

The double tail fry are doing awesome, I'll be doing a more thorough clean to make sure nothing dead is in there.

The microworm culture for mine seemed to die (still tried to divide it up into a few jars to allow them to repopulate if they can) but the other one I have from BB123 for Logisticsguy were booming pretty well. Divided that one up... So in total I have 12 MW cultures, and have tried the banana worms at three cultures, one in a longer bin and the other two in smaller containers.

I bought a desk on clearance, for getting the tanks off of the floor. It is a simple desk, no drawers, with a side cubby thing (three hole).
Old 01-29-2013, 12:34 PM   #75 
Syriiven

Happy to hear things are better for those two. (I'm treating Kale for popeye right now >.< But he's shwing signs of being better).

Can't wait to see what your fry are going to grow into =D YOu have such good looking parents and a better chance of DT's this spawn xD
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #76 
Sena Hansler

Definitely xD About 20 or so were found dead but they are a "deformity" rather than a tail type, so I don't expect them all to live obviously.

I have bought live plants, from a healthy tank (may have some snails which I welcome), which will float in the 10 gallon I will fashion into a sorority tank. Since Peaches does not seem to have a home, her, Lilith, Hera, Janey and perhaps the sisters will be placed into there. That leaves Melusine, who will be conditioned to be bred with our patiently waiting giant.

I will also be building the desk today hopefully.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #77 
Sena Hansler

The fry in the 30 (40?) gallon are gone now, other than the promised "free swish of the net" fry to a few people on here. So, there are 5 mischievous Haiwaii Platy still in there Down right mean even at that small size. HOWEVER that tank is going to be the sorority tank, so those platys better smarten up. xD I have three driftwood pieces, some sad looking hole-filled java fern (don't know why?), some sword I think, whatever is left of the "hard to keep" cambomba which has decided to start dying on me, and of course the floating plant. Along with decor. Hopefully all goes good...
Old 01-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #78 
Sena Hansler

Still need more plants for the middle section, but I added all females:

Janey, Melusine, Delilah, Kira, Lilith, Hera and Peaches. So far the sisters are seeing who backs down, Melusine is also one of the possible "alphas". Janey will probably end up the middle, while Hera is actually the lowest so far... o_o Lots of tail slapping, some nipped fins, minor chasing. Dangerous shark waters!

Edit: Solved the bare middle section by weaving the long floating plant down, so that it does the middle and top section at once.

Also had to remove all the plakats, not but 10 minutes after introduction. -.- For reasons of causing major damage to each other Melusine got her mouth bit, eye bumped, tattered caudal, and missing scales on her one side. Delilah (who colored up a lot more) has missing scales by her faceplate on her body, plus a scale just hanging there. Kira has the same thing. Yet the three crowntails and Janey are getting along fine with occasional flaring, sometimes nipping.

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 01-29-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #79 
Sena Hansler

Well... No more fish room. Roomie got laid off. I am rehoming:

Ares, Charlie, Kira, Delilah, Mickey, Cirocco and Double O' Splenden. Along with their tanks... I have a thread up in the classifieds if anyone wants.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:46 PM   #80 
Sena Hansler

I have yet to build the table and side table yet, but on a good note the sorority tank is great. The platys still prove to be turds, occasionally stalking my adult Bettas xD the females are getting along however which is nice. No nipped fins, only Hera has a scale missing on the top of her head. The three plakats that were removed are unhappy... But I am planning to perhaps divide a 10 for them with a heater and bubbler.