Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #81 
nel3

which one is the white DeT? i love his colouring, did he come white and get blue or the other way around? my CT has siminal genes but the blue is still very dominant on is body.

what sort of heater do you use for your half gal tank? the one with light blue plastic lid. i have one like that with a darker blu lid but ive since stopped using it bc i cant find a heater for it. i do have a planet model 1g tank thats effectively a qt tank. i do have a cracked 3.4gkk which can hold 2g before reaching the crack but no heater ready for it. i might just reserve that tank for non aquatic uses but it still leaves me without a reliable heater that i could use for my 0.5g tank.

i have 4 regular use tanks 3 which are seperate and single occupant (also used as QT for respective fish) ant 1 5g with 2 occupants +1 snail . so far iv never had to resort to qt both while leaving 5g unoccupied.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:24 AM   #82 
Sena Hansler

He is Jackson, and he came white with a small amount of blue... Now he is white and blue xD

The "half gallon" you mentioned is actually a 2 gallon (measured). I had to use a heater, in the heated room, because that poor little lady had ich. So I killed it off with AQ salt and 85 degrees She didn't mind.

I think that heater is meant for 5-10 gallons, but I adjusted it by a degree at a time until it heated it just right. It heats it faster than it would heat a 10 gallon, obviously. I found it sucks for 10 gallons... It is one of the ones from ebay.

For any half gallon tanks, it is pretty hard to find heaters. Unless you can find a 7.5-10 watt heater, which I dislike any preset ones. I use 25 watts usually for smaller quarantines, if needed. Otherwise it is a heated room or summer time
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:45 AM   #83 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
He is Jackson, and he came white with a small amount of blue... Now he is white and blue xD

The "half gallon" you mentioned is actually a 2 gallon (measured). I had to use a heater, in the heated room, because that poor little lady had ich. So I killed it off with AQ salt and 85 degrees She didn't mind.

I think that heater is meant for 5-10 gallons, but I adjusted it by a degree at a time until it heated it just right. It heats it faster than it would heat a 10 gallon, obviously. I found it sucks for 10 gallons... It is one of the ones from ebay.

For any half gallon tanks, it is pretty hard to find heaters. Unless you can find a 7.5-10 watt heater, which I dislike any preset ones. I use 25 watts usually for smaller quarantines, if needed. Otherwise it is a heated room or summer time
ty very much. im also limited to using heaters. my unit is an open space concept and im temp limited because my gecko. i only have 25w adjustables and dislike preset ones too. i havent dared to use the 25w heater for the 0.5g due to size and water quantity. my best option is bulky ie large bin with water and set the 0.5g tank in there, heater outside the tank. its not very effective so i dont bother with the o.5g. the 25w heaters do just perfect for even my 1g tank. i have yet to find a 7-10w heater i can trust.

the pic of Jackson on the first page, is that pic old enough that it doesnt show the same amount of blue on him now? id like to see how he looks like as i dont know what to expect with my ct. he was blue teal then got more white. its stopped spreading atm but it probably will go on an bit more later.

opun purchase and 2nd is from 2 mths past

Last edited by nel3; 01-31-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:05 AM   #84 
Sena Hansler

Pretty fella!! I'll take a picture of Jackson to show him now since that picture is older.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:28 AM   #85 
Sena Hansler

Over all he has more of a light blue sheen to the white now. It's a pretty slow change, which is fine. Love him all the same lol.

Also pictured is one of Sy's male baby bettas. And there is also Xanthus, who decided he wanted to hide from me, then check if I was still there
Attached Images

Old 01-31-2013, 12:27 PM   #86 
Syriiven

O.O Omg, that's little V and he is SUCH a beautiful blue! Very much appreciate the pic!

Jackson is such a super beautiful fish, Sena =)
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:14 PM   #87 
Sena Hansler

Thanks lol. The fish room will become smaller sadly... Since I have to downsize. I may end up breeding Cirocco before he is sold just to get a red line going.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:27 PM   #88 
nel3

ty Sena, i love the faded blue on Jackson. mine also has the blue sheen on the white areas too.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:42 PM   #89 
Shadyr

Sorry to hear that you don't get to keep all the fish! Pffft at the economy.
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:22 PM   #90 
Sena Hansler

I know. I'm always in poverty so fish were like my "release" from this cruddy life.