What size is your tank? 1 gallon
What temperature is your tank? 80
Does your tank have a filter? Nope
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? Nope
Is your tank heated? Yup
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? None

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Tetrafin pellets
How often do you feed your betta fish? 2 pellets twice a day usually, skipping a day every two days. Though last two days I fed her flakes cause I cant' find the pellets.

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? 1/2 once a week, full once a week adding water as it evaporates.
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 1/2 and whole.
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? Declorinator

Water Parameters: Have not tested.

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? Yup she looks like a balloon.
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? She's the same fish that's a PITA to catch and showing off to her neighbor.
When did you start noticing the symptoms? Water changing time.
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? I've been treating her like I have been treating Kaoru when Kaoru got constipated.
Does your fish have any history of being ill? Not her.
How old is your fish (approximately)? Not a clue.

Last edited by RoMay; 01-16-2013 at 01:40 PM.
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #2 
Coppermoon

She is eggbound. Some breeders have had great success expressing the eggs. I have not :(. Try not feeding her for a week and see if she starts to absorb them. If not, then she may not make it. You can try to gently express them yourself, but like I said, I have not had success doing it.
Coppermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #3 
RoMay

0_o This is what I get for letting Kaoru (female) show off for Jabi. :face palms: Welp looks like no "play time" for them today till she shrinks.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:33 PM   #4 
Oldfishlady

If she is otherwise acting her normal self, eating, swimming...etc....IMO-she looks like a normal mature female. Females once mature will always have unripe eggs in them-They will either drop and eat them or not or reabsorb the eggs on a regular basis. It is not uncommon for the poop to change color and look more white to cream color for several days after she either eat or absorb the eggs-not to be confused with internal parasites and treated needlessly.

Its not uncommon for mature females to swim in the head down position due to eggs. If she has a behavior change or buoyancy problems then she might be egg bound-but being egg bound is rare IMO/E-
By her seeing the male usually will not cause any problems, however, it can make her eggs ripen and that can make her look bigger.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #5 
RoMay

Yeah she's still acting fine she's swimming back and forth where I put a piece of paper between her and Kaoru's cage. Kaoru is doing a similar pacing as well. >_< I got two female nut jobs I swear. Kaoru should be older but other then constipation she never looked as round and plump as poor Jabi. And Jabi's the smaller one. Swear bettas think your getting a grasp on this whole thing and they go do something new on you.