Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-17-2013, 03:46 AM   #11 
Luxavior

I would say as long as they have swim-room at the front of the tank and plants and toys to hide in, sleep in, or swim through, there's really no over-doing it.

For example, I have 3 large silk plants, 2 medium silk plants, 2 small silk plants, 2 more small silk plants in a wine glass, 1 more small silk plant in a martini glass, a coffee mug, a terracotta flower pot, a leaf hammock, a pile of glass stones with an air tube underneath for small bubbles, 2 medium marimo, 1 small marimo, a floating canvas mesh tunnel, and 1 ornamental decoration in my 10g and my guy has plenty of swim room up front and many things to swim through, hide in, or sleep on.
There's a bit of space between his toys and the back of the tank so he can swim back and forth there as well as in the front.
Luxavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #12 
bettaluver14

Talking

okay thanks :) yah i wanna make sure him and his 5 tetra friends have swim room and he has exercise swimming space. thank you all
bettaluver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #13 
bettaluver14

Talking

my tank is still in the cycling process but here's a pic of the items inside of it:
there's a leaf bed, medium silk plant, bee hive cave, bridge, filter, heater, thermometer and will be adding a ceramic octopus and a neon cave once the cycling is over.(from Zuko's current tank)

does this look good? ;3
lemme know
Attached Images

Old 03-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #14 
Crowntails

Looks great! I'd get some more plants if I were you.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #15 
AyalaCookiejar

I agree. I personally think tall plants are better than caves.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #16 
bettaluver14

Talking

I have a smaller red silk plant i used to have in his 2.5gal....
Maybe i will put it in there too but its base brOke off so i
May have to dig it hard into the gravel -,- and hes obsessed
With caves he has 5 tetra friends waiting so just incase
He needs a man cave to relax
Old 03-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #17 
callistra

The heater should be next tot he filter in order to circulate heat better. Otherwise you have large pockets and cold and hot water in the tank.. you can also place a small air stone under the heating element to further distribute heat.

IMHO, bettas should have at least one kind of safe cave to hide in and many oversized plants that reach all the way to the top and kind of lie over it so that they can sleep in them at the surface. All my boys do.

I would also make sure you prefilter the intake so your betta can't be hurt by it: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...efilter+sponge
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #18 
bettaluver14

Red face

Thanks Callistra!!! Yah i was actually thinking of getting a filter sponge but the intake has tiny slots so i think i will watch first ;) and also i have a filter outflow water bottle baffle ready just incase the outflow is too strong for my little fella. ALSO he will have 3 caves, and 2 plants... That tall one in the photo and a smaller one that i will put at the bottom. The filter and heater i cannot move because the hood has cutouts for it. I have My thermometer at the other end of the heater and its actually the same temp all over the tank :3 i tested so im pretty happy! But how much are air stones and what exactly do they do? I might get one :3
Old 03-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #19 
Tikibirds

I like mine to have quite a few oversized plants. The one on the end has the filter which is baffled but the outflow is still too strong, so he gets extra plants to brea up the current even more

airstone:

you need an airpump and airline tubing. They come in various sizes but most airpumps are going to be too powerful. What I suggest is buying the hawkeye 1 gallon kit for about $10 from walmart because it comes with a small airpump. This way you get the airpump, airstone and airline tubing plus an extra 1 gallon which you can use for a hospital tank if need be. TI use it in my 20G and a marina airstone to provide some airation for the other kritters in the tank. The smallest airpump I could find at the LPS was still WAY to powerful for the bettas in the tank

The blue thing is the airstone

Last edited by Tikibirds; 03-10-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #20 
bettaluver14

Talking

I wont stock his tank that much lol but callistra come back!!! I need u to answer my quessytons lol