Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-11-2013, 12:10 AM   #1 
BettaPirate

How many do you have?

Hey, so I know some people list all their Betta in their signature but others just talk about them in different threads so I was wondering how many you have? What genders? and how many tanks of what sizes do you have to home them? I am really only asking how many you have as pets/rescues not so much about fry or breeding (unless you breed your pets).

I now have two Male betta, one CT and one VT. The VT has a 3 gallon cylinder tank and the CT has a 2 gallon rectangle tank. I would love one or two more males or a sorority tank but that is a dream for a few years down the road I think.
BettaPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:31 AM   #2 
aemaki09

At my house right now

I have 8 males somehow. 4 are being sent out next week, but I'm waiting on 2 to arrive in the mail. All are in 2.5 gallon tanks except 1 who is in a 1.25 as QT till I can move him into a 2.5 when I send off my rehome's.
I have 8 females, 5 of which are waiting to be sent to their new homes but am waiting on another 5. All but 2 are in my 26 gallon sorority. 1 is in a 2.5 because she cant handle sorority life and the other is in a 1.25 as QT because I just got her in the mail today.
And I have a baby in a 1 gallon till (s)he grows out. Then (s)he is moving into either the sorority or a 2.5
So 17 here right now, but will be 15 next week.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:32 AM   #3 
veggiegirl

Hey there,

I currently have four males

1. melano black orchid crowntail (Secret)
2. Lavender/slamander HM PK big ears (Berry)
3. Copper black orchid butterfly crowntail (Eclipse)
4. Royal blue HM butterfly (haven't named him yet.

I plan to have 10 altogether because that is how many my 4ft barracks tank holds.

The most I have ever had at the one time is 13 males. That was a few years ago now.
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:37 AM   #4 
BettaPirate

aemaki09, how many have names?

veggiegirl, What is a barracks tank? is it a HUGE split tank?
BettaPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:37 AM   #5 
sunstar93

I currently have two bettas, a green delta tail, Toby (who has completely shredded his tail!!) and a blue VT named Leo. But tomorrow I'm adding a King to my betta bunch (:
sunstar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:20 AM   #6 
tilli94

Right now I have two at my house, one I bought thinking it was a small female (was even labeled female) and I'm thinking maybe it was a large baby because now its growing bigger fins. I have one male in a large (2.5 gallon) fish bowl til I can get his tank cycled. Both are unnamed as one I just got and the other is gender confused. However I'll be getting 2 males and 5 females next week. The females will be going into a 20 gallon as a sorority. The males will each have ten gallons.
tilli94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:21 AM   #7 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaPirate View Post
aemaki09, how many have names?
Every one that had a name died just before Christmas so I'm not naming any more of them. That old wives tale "don't name fish because they'll die" rings true in my case so I'm superstitious about it now. Even though I am not superstitious in any way about anything else.
Ive just put too much money in these guys to lose any more of them.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:33 AM   #8 
madmonahan

10 males. I'm only going to list the males because I'm giving away the females.

Romeo-blue butterfly half moon, 5 gallon hexagon.
Marbles-red, and blue veil tail, divided 10 gallon.
Papparica-red with white splotches, veil tail, other side of the 10 gallon.
Blue-Moon- blue half moon. (He's not fully grown so he might change) in a different divided 10 Gallon.
Soldier Boy-(my mom named him) purple, blue, and red halfmoon. On the other side of the 10 Gallon.
Mr.Grumpy-red, white, and blue crown tail. In another divided 10 Gallon.
Loue-blue with a red wash, PK. Other side of the 10 gallon.
Sherbert- orange Dalmatian veil tail. Another divided 10 gallon.
Heart-Carcher-Copper with red wash, halfmoon. Other side of the 10 gallon. And Big Red-Red veil tail, a rescue from Wal*mart. 1 gallon tank.

So 4 ten gallons, 1 5 G, and 1 one G.
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:47 AM   #9 
Bluewind

I have one and a half!

Gus is a male Cherry VT with Blue/Aqua Matallic (and he is pretty!). He is currently in a 10 gallon and spoiled rotten!

The half mark belongs to a female a friend said he will be getting me on Saturday for a gift! ME IZ EXCITED!
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:01 AM   #10 
bethyMT

I have five sisters in a sorority, and one male. They're all siblings. So six total, and they totally make my days.

The male, Mr. Sassypants, is in his own 10 gallon tank in the kitchen, with two nerite snails for company.

The girls (Zebra, Sunshine, Ghost, Queenie, and Stripey) are in a 20 gallon which is tricked out with two sponge filters and an awesome LED light fixture. Both tanks are heavily planted, with a very natural look.

I love my bettas. Love.
bethyMT is offline   Reply With Quote