Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #61 
efg321

LadyVictorian Sounds like you have a great, awesome, super Grandmom!
efg321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #62 
Bluewind

Oh wow... I can see why you were so taken aback. Em, that is just... divine. That is all I can say about it. Divine. It would be beautiful on your back between your shoulderblades to remind you that even though you can't see her anymore, she is always watching over you.

And I get the grandparent thing. My mother wanted me until she got me and then... not so much. My Mammaw is the closest thing I will have to a mother and in my eyes, she is. And it sounds like your parents are regular parents of the year, so I know living with them is like nails down the chalkboard of your soul.
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #63 
LadyVictorian

I was thinking between the shoulders too, and then it would almost be symbolic of Aquarius always begin apart of me.

I think after my therapy appointment if we have time today my grandma is taking me around the petstores to look at fish. She said she wanted to take me today and my mom seemed suspicious but eh, my grandma covered it well with "I just want to spend time with my granddaughter."
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #64 
Bluewind

Good for you hun. Also, make sure you find a true artist to do it. It will be a part of you for the rest of your life. And I would leave off the RIP part to make it happy and beautiful to all who see it. But that's just my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #65 
MaisyDawgThirteen

You are a great betta parent, don't bee to hard on yourself. The tattoo is a beautiful idea!
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #66 
SpeakNow13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
I don't know what to do about Bilbo Froggins Aquarius's tank mate, he won't come out of hiding, he won't eat, he won't move. I think he's in shock. He doesn't do good alone and my other two fish are either too aggressive or too small to be with him.
That's probably the cutest froggy name in the history of cute froggy names.
SpeakNow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #67 
babystarz

That'll make a very unique and lovely tattoo. Just a warning though - the white on the fin edges is going to HURT so you may wish to set it up as 2 sessions. And they may ask if you're ok with mixing a color with the white, because it does have a tendency to yellow over time (which will be especially noticeable paired against the indigo, as they're complementary colors). A little bit of blue or grey in it will prevent that from happening.

St. Sabrina's in Uptown does pretty magnificent tattoos, if you're looking for a shop ;)
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #68 
LadyVictorian

OMG so I went to The Betta Shop and got a BEAUTIFUL hmplk. :O Can I just say how beautiful he is seven times over? His name is Copernicus. Posted pictures of him in the betta pictures.

I talked to a guy at a tattoo shop today when my bandmate got his ears pierced and he told me about that too. Wingnuts in Anoka. My friend went to the one you mentioned though Babystarz and got great results.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:42 PM   #69 
Bluewind

Woot! I am so happy you found one that spoke to you hun.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #70 
Viva

Oh man I just saw this thread, its putting me in tears :( I'm so sorry for your loss, it must have been a traumatic experience too :( I'm glad you decided to get another betta and not give up on betta keeping. I've sucked up my Corydora's TWICE, once one was stuck right at the beginning of the hose for like 5 minutes...I couldn't get it out! Eventually I had to get a Q-Tip and poke it through where it connects to the hose to push him out. Luckily they survived both attempts on their life. Honestly I never knew how dangerous these things could be...
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote