MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmice2010 View Post
"Not saying he's a Butterfly"
Butterfly Vail Tail

Butterfly Super delta
Sigh...

First one is a cello VT.

Second is a bicolor. Lacks all qualifications for a butterfly. And could potentially be VT with that tail droop.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:07 AM   #12 
ropate

Wow, thanks everyone! ok in summary....
- he's not a HM and i overpaid massively if he's a common VT.
- possibly a butterfly VT unless its new growth
- no flaring doesnt indicate that he's sick....
ropate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:08 AM   #13 
Sena Hansler

+1. The first is a cellophone male veiltail, And the second is a bicolour veiltail.

THIS is an HM, not flaring. Excuse the bite marks :3 he is a halfmoon, after all.

And the second, is a DELTA.

the droop of your fella almost distinctly says "veiltail". Which is not a bad thing.

A halfmoon: The shape of the tail should be a D. It is a full 180 spread. While a delta, or super delta lacks the full spread, reaching "almost" the same as a halfmoon (160 for one of them I believe). There are veiltails who have wide caudals, which they could have been from an HM x VT line... Widening the caudal, and giving a somewhat delta look to them. However VT is ALWAYS dominant.

Also like to add, he is not a butterfly. Probably a marble. A butterfly has a clean line distinction on the fins while your fella has streaks and splotches. NOTE my blue fella, the DeT... He has the butterfly coloration, though it is not clean. So does the butterfly HM.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 01-17-2013 at 01:11 AM.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:10 AM   #14 
majesticstorm

I think that he's a marble, not a butterfly.
majesticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:14 AM   #15 
MrVampire181

Butterfly and marble go hand in hand. He's a marble so he carries the gene and might display it from time to time as his color changes but most likely not. So in conclusion - marble VT.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:24 AM   #16 
ropate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
+1. The first is a cellophone male veiltail, And the second is a bicolour veiltail.

THIS is an HM, not flaring. Excuse the bite marks :3 he is a halfmoon, after all.

And the second, is a DELTA.

the droop of your fella almost distinctly says "veiltail". Which is not a bad thing.

A halfmoon: The shape of the tail should be a D. It is a full 180 spread. While a delta, or super delta lacks the full spread, reaching "almost" the same as a halfmoon (160 for one of them I believe). There are veiltails who have wide caudals, which they could have been from an HM x VT line... Widening the caudal, and giving a somewhat delta look to them. However VT is ALWAYS dominant.

Also like to add, he is not a butterfly. Probably a marble. A butterfly has a clean line distinction on the fins while your fella has streaks and splotches. NOTE my blue fella, the DeT... He has the butterfly coloration, though it is not clean. So does the butterfly HM.
Cheers for that! So, despite the tail being a D when flared (the one time he did it), conclusion seems to be Marble VT then?
ropate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:37 AM   #17 
eatmice2010

Ok what in the world Meeko, Sena Hansler and majesticstorm, I purposely stated at the top of the pictures, that i was NOT saying he was a butterfly and this is the site where i got the picture of 2. DELTA that yall keep calling a vail tail at:

http://watershed3.tripod.com/types.html
eatmice2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #18 
Sena Hansler

Exactly you were saying you weren't calling him a butterfly, therefore we backed it up? I don't see how that's bad. All we did was mention what the coloration and tail type was, as it can be confusing. Hence why I also added pictures to contrast those of which you added.

And yes he would be a marble VT :)
Old 01-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #19 
Luimeril

overpaid? .3. no such thing in my book. then again, i'm the gal who paid over $15 for a marble veiltail because i adored him that much. your boy is just stunning. *o* i'd love to have one like him. the combination of white and that amazing blue is just unique!

and eatmice... meeko and Sena are both breeders. i'm pretty sure they know a delta from a veiltail. x: and, a butterfly has to have the white/clear on all fins, if i'm not mistaking. so.... i'm pretty sure they both know their stuff when it comes to colors and tail types. x-x
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #20 
Sena Hansler

I've seen butterflies with two distinct colors :p it's neat. And rare. And I passed on it. *cry*