Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-17-2013, 09:47 AM   #21 
Luimeril

my first HM was a copper with blood red fins, and black butterfly. x: but his silly behind would destroy his tail, so the black butterfly was only seen at first. i think one breeder called that particular coloration Brass, or something like that. idr
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:58 AM   #22 
Sena Hansler

Oh!!! About the scales missing from the top of the head... Pretty common actually. Panicky fish tend to dart, and run into things. My giant (smushed into a jar that you can hold in your hand) had a couple missing, as did a few others. Mr Zoom-everywhere-because-you-picked-up-my-cup surprisingly did not. The transparency at the end of the fins, is just regrowth. Again, pretty common. Tail biting or bullying (siblings kept together often end in some shredded fins... like my babies!) or just catching on stuff is what usually tears fins.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #23 
Luimeril

Todd scraped some of his scales off once when i scared him and he darted. i actually saw them fly up and float down. o-O they grew back, though not perfectly. you can still see where they were missing. xD
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #24 
OrangeAugust

Hmmm... I have a "halfmoon doubletail" who looks more like a veiltail than this guy does. Someone told me that if his rays split into 4 than he is a HM, which is what my fish's rays do. But it's droopy... I exercised him a few times, but I haven't been doing it regularly.
Personally I think yours looks like a delta tail, but people here are more experienced than I am.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #25 
Sena Hansler

If you posted a picture of your fella under a new thread you'd get tons of replies ;p
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #26 
OrangeAugust

Oh, I already asked the question a few weeks ago. I guess I'm just sharing my experience- that my fish is a HM but looks like a VT.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote