Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #1 
LadyVictorian

Breed Quality and Color

So I got my new boy Copernicus and I wanted to know what he rates for breeding quality. I got him from a betta shop today in MN, all their fish are Thailand imports and members of IBC so I was pretty hopeful. He's a HMPK and I am thinking he is mustardgas though not 100%. Any idea of his color? Id he just a lighter mustardgas than I am use to? Also on a scale of 10 what does eh rate for becoming a breeder fish? What are his plus's and minus to his conformation? I want 100% honesty because I would love to breed this summer and need to start thinking up what I need for a female who would compliment him or if he is even worth breeding.

Here he is in a video, he is 26 in the video to see good quality full body and flaring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=LXA81xZ87KY
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #2 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Could you get a pic of him when he isn't in the bag? He is gorgeous looking however.
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #3 
LadyVictorian

I have him in a cup adapting to my water chemistry right now. Will try to get some decent full body close ups.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:22 PM   #4 
LadyVictorian

Okay the pictures are not the best but I tried with my camera phone and in the best lighting in our house at night. We don't live in the best place since we get little light around here and most of our rooms use low lighting. Also my phone is older my brother...which is OLD.

I hope soon I get a memory card for my underwater camera and that it does better with pics.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #5 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

He is pretty! I suck at judging form however so I can't tell you much lol. I am big on half moon plakats and am working on a hmpkeect line :)
Old 01-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #6 
LadyVictorian

I would love doing a hmpk line as well, get form down first them work on color.

I really wish he had flared in some of these pics though, he is just so chill and curious right now. He is too busy watching everything to pay attention to me trying to make him flare. >.< He is such a goof too. First thing he did when I put him in the cup to acclimate him to his new tank was try to tip over his cup and swim for freedom.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #7 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Haha so adorable I have one fish like that she is a female ct and does the weirdest things lol drags around frozen worms and flares at live ones she has quite a personality that one lol.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:42 PM   #8 
GoodMorning

gratz on the fish, are you talking about the mn betta shop on arcade? they have good bettas and a good reputation. As for your male breeding, i think a good indication is his spirit, if you can tell he is healthy and happy (swimming around, making bubbles, flaring, etc), then he has a good chance of becoming a very good breeder. Btw, how did you get to MN when you're from texas?
GoodMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:45 PM   #9 
LadyVictorian

I moved back to Minnesota, just haven't changed my location yet xD Got here in time for our -20 degrees weather while back in San Antonio it's in the 80's :/

I'm a native MN too so naturally I came home.

And yeah all the fish had great topline there. I was mostly looking at him for his nice clean looking fins and nice clean color, just hope I picked a good winner here.

And yeah The Betta Shop on Arcade ST is where I got him, I saw him in the video and ran down there today and seek out a new fish, also with the intentions of breeding in the near future so I wanted something with more quality.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:52 PM   #10 
GoodMorning

oh i see, btw i saw ur other thread, i thought u said u were done with fishes? :O

kinda wondering why u moved back, i am actually thinking about moving down there to texas T_T
GoodMorning is offline   Reply With Quote