Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #51 
AyalaCookiejar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caii View Post
*Sighs* I know, I know... I can't help but root for him, though ^^;
After everything that's happened to him, I want him to know what a good home is like and what love is like. I suppose I'm just afraid that if something happens to him, he wouldn't have known any of that.

Sorry, I'm crazy... ^^;
You are not crazy, lol. Sometimes they get sick from the bad care they received in the past. He will likely recover -you are doing a great job taking care of him- but if anything were to happen, I am 100% sure it would not be your fault, but his previous owner's.

Also, they are very smart fish. They do know you are helping, and in a fishy way they do appreciate it. They come to recognize who their caretaker is - they will know your hand, that its the one that feeds them and cares for them. They are also incredibly social fish and love your attention.

Edit: floating is pretty normal as long as they are upright and moving their fins. They spend a lot of time at the surface... Because they breathe air from the surface. This is why I recommend tall plants for resting places.

Last edited by AyalaCookiejar; 01-19-2013 at 10:16 PM.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #52 
Caii

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakNow13 View Post
The betta bug is a wonderful thing to get :)
It is, but it'd be better if I wasn't constantly worried about my betta baby!
Caii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #53 
Caii

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
You are not crazy, lol. Sometimes they get sick from the bad care they received in the past. He will likely recover -you are doing a great job taking care of him- but if anything were to happen, I am 100% sure it would not be your fault, but his previous owner's.

Also, they are very smart fish. They do know you are helping, and in a fishy way they do appreciate it. They come to recognize who their caretaker is - they will know your hand, that its the one that feeds them and cares for them. They are also incredibly social fish and love your attention.

Edit: floating is pretty normal as long as they are upright and moving their fins. They spend a lot of time at the surface... Because they breathe air from the surface. This is why I recommend tall plants for resting places.
Thank you for the reassurance, Ayala. It means a lot to me ^_^
I'll do my best!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:28 PM   #54 
lf0210

I love this post, and so far, Bo! I have .5 gallon so far (bad, ik, but my funds are running really low) and no heater. My room gets cold during the night so I'm going to wrap a blanket around his tank. Best of luck to you!
lf0210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #55 
Caii

Quote:
Originally Posted by lf0210 View Post
I love this post, and so far, Bo! I have .5 gallon so far (bad, ik, but my funds are running really low) and no heater. My room gets cold during the night so I'm going to wrap a blanket around his tank. Best of luck to you!
Thank you very much lf0210~ Bo and I are hanging in there! XD
As per your situation, just do the best you can- that's all we can do, and in the end... that's all that matters. I can't wait to see the progress you'll make with Skittles! ^^
Good luck to you as well!
Old 01-19-2013, 11:13 PM   #56 
AyalaCookiejar

I've sealed the windows in my fish room with that window sealer stuff to prevent drafts... Even though they all have heaters, lol.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #57 
gbose

Caii,

Keep us updated -- I really hope the little guy comes through!!

Gbose
gbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #58 
Caii

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbose View Post
Caii,

Keep us updated -- I really hope the little guy comes through!!

Gbose
Thank you Gbose! Since the weather here's been colder than usual, I've been freaking out the past few nights on Bo's water temp and conditions~ all of you have been so supportive and helpful that I'm even more inspired to do what I can for my betta baby!

I'm going later on today to buy him a little hiding ornament and a heater from Craigslist~ will post pictures when I figure out how it all works!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #59 
RuniChan

Hey Caii! I totally get where you're coming from haha, I just rescued two Bettas from little cousins and have been freaking out about them being not warm enough or too cold or etc.

If you're interested I posted in the intro forum about my fish:
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=126319
RuniChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #60 
osromatra

just checking for an update on Bo. I hope he's perking up and enjoying his New digs.
osromatra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, betta, caii, rescue