Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-18-2013, 10:45 PM   #1 
PaulO

EMERGENCY HELP!!! I'm at petco.....

Arghhhh help me please!!! I TOLD myself NO more tanks but....dollar per gallon thats reasonable right? NO!!! NO MORE FISH TANKS AAAAAHHHHH!!!
Sigh.... here are the problem's. I could literally get a 29 gallon tank and stand for under 100 bucks but I don't have the money so....I may need to just make a run for it...And on top of this there is this AMAZING little betta...if I can I will try posting pics from my phone sigh.....I need a psychiatrist...
PaulO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:50 PM   #2 
Bluewind

Be stong my friend. Don't spend money you don't have. Instead, call your friends and family and beg them for it as an early birthday/late Christmas/Get Well/[insert holiday or event here] present
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:24 AM   #3 
PaulO

*panting* I survived....my clothing is in shreds and my glasses are broken but I managed to make it home in one piece without any fish items. I might have to go back tomorrow for the baby.....*MUST RESIST*

Damn you petco....and your demon deals...

WILL eventually get this...

And heres the dream....50 gallon sorority :P

The bane of the frivolous aquarist :P

And the one betta who just is errr.......*heart exploded from level of cuteness*

*thats my pinky*...

The "Late New Years Present :P"

Sidenote: would it be wrong to buy the baby betta? I have a 5 gallon cycled which I was using for fry "fry were culled due to severe deformities" but I kept the cycle up with fish food. If I were to go and "acquire" this baby would it be wrong or what challenges do I face? I have micro pellets and what else would I need to do to raise the baby betta? *not that I will of coarse this is all scientific research for future experiences *
Old 01-19-2013, 03:55 AM   #4 
RoMay

OMG that little betta is so cute... Maybe I shouldn't have said that.
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:10 AM   #5 
Tikibirds

If I could do a 40G, I so would..

anyways, if you want the baby and have a place for it, gor for it.
it will need slightly warmer temp and more frequent water changes due to a stunting chemical it produces.
If its too small for pellets, Hiraki has something called first bites. The stuff is so small, its like a powder. It's so small, you way want to divide the 5G so you can find it in there. I have mine, which was labled a female VT but is actually still a baby - in a breeder box inside a larger tank.

I would acclimate extreamly slowly, I dont know about your petco but for mine, every betta I have gotten from there had an ammonia level that was at least a 5, including the baby. You don't want to shock him/her bu going from high ammonia to no ammonia right away.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #6 
registereduser

more tanks = more WORK & TIME

bigger tanks = more WORK & TIME

just something to think about

but get the baby since you are ready for it.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #7 
Melodica

I can totally relate! I won't even go in Petco/Petsmart anymore because each time I do, I see a great deal on a tank and multiple bettas that I just can't live without. I went from no tanks to a 5g tank to a 5g tank and THREE 10g tanks. It's so addictive!

If you don't have the money, skip the tanks/stands, but since you seem to have a setup for the baby, I don't see why that would be an issue.
Melodica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #8 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Grr I hate that!
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #9 
PaulO

So what temp would the baby need? I have a hydor heater in there and a sponge filter. Also I happen to have some first bites on hand ..... !!! If he/she is there today I may just have to go and get him/her...
Old 01-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #10 
babystarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulO View Post
So what temp would the baby need? I have a hydor heater in there and a sponge filter. Also I happen to have some first bites on hand ..... !!! If he/she is there today I may just have to go and get him/her...
80-82 degrees is perfect for a baby :)
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote