Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-19-2013, 01:25 AM   #1 
MissLyss1024

Sanitizing acrylic tank and accessories

I need to sanitize my acrylic tank after a death from what I believe to have been a bacterial infection. Will bleach harm an acrylic tank? What about the filter? I plan on bleaching and boiling the gravel. Also, what about live plants?
MissLyss1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:18 AM   #2 
LittleBlueFishlets

I used bleach in my acrylic critter keeper. I rinsed with water, then vinegar, then water again. Then rinsed again with conditioned water and let it air dry outside.... (Yes, I tend to be paranoid. LOL.... Although even this isn't enough to kill mycobacteria - but it should be sufficient for most other things.)
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote