Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-29-2013, 10:59 PM   #1 
Sena Hansler

Fish tanks and fish

So... Because I seem to never get ahead and bad luck stalks me like an evil, twisted wad that never seems to go away... I have to downsize majorly, and rehome a lot, because my roomie (bf) has been laid off...

SO with a heavy heart here is the list:

Ares, male Halfmoon Dragonscale Halfmoon. Retired breeder. Does fine with divided tanks. Typical halfmoon tail biter.

Charlie, chronic tail biter veiltail. Did better in a smaller tank.

Kira, female plakat with attitude. Not made for sorority life! (picture for her and her sister as they are identical)

Delilah, Kira's look-a-like sister also with attitude. Not made for sorority life!

Cirocco, male crowntail. Was supposed to be used for breeding.

Double O' Splenden, male crowntail. Was bred once and I have about 14 fry from him.

Mickey, doubletail boy. Bred once, excellent breeder. Great finnage which you'll see when they heal from stress biting. Best in his 5 gallon secluded from others.

TANKS

You will need to supply your own heaters as I have a limited amount, and had used a heated room.

MOST of these tanks have lids. The 40 does not! If you would like, pay for the tank and get the Betta fish with it. I would rather you guys take care of these fellas instead of complete strangers :( I'll toss in the gravel that is in their tanks since I have a lot of it...

5 gallon (Mickey) 15.00

5 gallon (Double O' Splenden) 15.00

2 gallon (Charlie) 5.00

10 gallon (Ares) 20.00

10 gallon (Divided; Kira and Delilah) 20.00

10 gallon (Cirocco) 20.00

40 gallon (n/a) 30.00 (no hood)

Pick up in Camrose area. Prices are low for you guys... Please help out :( If I can possibly get to Edmonton, I'll meet you at big Al's and it has to be a group get-together, one day only, probably a Saturday.
Attached Images

Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:29 PM   #2 
Syriiven

I will gladly adopt Mickey. Was planning on a special 5 gallon fluval chi tank any ways, and boyfriend says I can if he's my absolute last. And I could buy his tank and use it as an extra qt (since that'll put me at like 16 fish).
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:32 PM   #3 
Skyewillow

I'm sorry that you have to rehome your fish.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:33 PM   #4 
Sena Hansler

Sy, if you would like to do that that would be great :) He is a good pet or breeder...

Skye, thanks :(
Old 01-29-2013, 11:37 PM   #5 
Syriiven

So long as I can bring the cash on Saturday with the rest, since my paypal's empty right now.

I'm really sorry it's come to this though...you had big plans for these guys. But I wouldn't want to see them go to someone you don't know. I'll be sure to post updates of him for you.

And if there was ever a fish to make me entertain my thoughts to breeding, it would be Mickey. But that's another discussion with the bf later...lol.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:39 PM   #6 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

I would have taken Mickey or Ares... May take the 40 gal... I feel bad taking your fish and tanks from you :(
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:39 PM   #7 
Sena Hansler

Yeah, I would rather rehome to people on here than somewhere else first. You guys know what you are doing.

BB123, don't feel bad. If you know what you are doing (which you do) all the power to you. The one thing I won't give up is Jim, my bearded dragon. Not again. If you ended up taking Ares and his tank, plus the 40 I'd bring it down to 40.00 for you just for the trouble.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:34 PM   #8 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

If bb123 doesn't end up taking ares, I probably would if you get to big Al's. he would go in the chi which will have a heater next time I go to the pet store. Why is he retired?
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:04 AM   #9 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

I don't know if I can take him I will talk to my mom in the morning... I need to get all my fish set up in heated tanks and my spawn tank cleaned out... I think I will have room for him... As for the 40 gal it would become a grow out tank :)

Curious as well to know why Ares is retired?
Old 02-01-2013, 12:06 AM   #10 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

I personally loved Mickey and am glad Sy took him as he will have a good home there he was so adorable!