Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #1 
JRP

Snails?

Hi
So I'm still pretty new to the whole betta fish process. I've had one years ago and now I'm back into it. Well my parents decide to buy me a plant for the tank which they didn't tell me they were going to do. Come to find out they went to Petco seeing as though we don't have any other places to go. They came home with a plant I have recently realized isn't good for the tank at all. In doing so they also seemed to bring along on the plant...unknowly a few snails. I'm wondering if these snails will do any harm to the betta or the tank? They are incrediably small. Just wondering if anyone can tell me anything about them.....

Thank you.
Attached Images

JRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #2 
Sena Hansler

Common snails... Nerites and pond snails. I have them. Some are about half the size of a penny now... The others are small. Only have about 8 of the pond snails, and squished the heck out of those annoying little nerites >:( The last picture, snail on the very far left those guys I found tend to breed and breed and breed... Since they are asexual. The others, however I have seen some lay eggs above water... But I have yet to have a problem.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:00 PM   #3 
JRP

Sena, thank you very much for the info. I appreciate it. :) Do they eat the left over food that the betta doesn't eat?
JRP is offline   Reply With Quote