Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #1 
LadyVictorian

Copernicus

Got a new betta male today from the Betta Shop in MN St. Paul AMAZING SHOP. Getting all my fish from there for now on. Anyways the boy I picked out is a hmplk blue, not sure of his color but he almost looks mustargas. Anyone else care to throw a guess at what color he is? He is just stunning and it was hard to pick with all the betta in the shop. I am certainly getting more in the future. Also if this boy has nice enough conformation and color I'll be hunting for a hmplk female to possibly breed him with this summer.

Blurry body shot, he was so hyper and wanted to get home.

Less blurry photo of his colors.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #2 
carbonxxkidd

He is so gorgeous!!! I am definitely getting my next fish there...who needs Aquabid when you live in MN? :D

So glad you got a new boy! Sorry I can't help you on his color, other than he's beautiful!
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #3 
Fenghuang

I'm don't really know enough to tell you what colour, but he's a handsome boy. (:
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #4 
homegrown terror

how much do they charge for shipping? and are they easy to buy from and all? i've been eyeing several fish in their most recent stock videos/\.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #5 
carbonxxkidd

I have heard a lot of good things about them, but have never been there (yet!). There is a section on their website about shipping and stuff - Order & Shipping
Old 01-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #6 
MSG

Blue Dragonscale Mustard-G HM Plakat

How many fish did you have to choose from when you arrived at the store? Glad you picked a shorter finned betta instead of a long one.

If I was within 30 minutes of that shop's location, I would definitely go there instead of ordering fish online.

There's nothing like being able to observe the fish in person before you decide.

Shipping any fish during the winter for the most part will cost you at least $35.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:58 PM   #7 
Viva

Wow he is gorgeous! The website is awesome too, I might get a male HMPK from them once I get my new 10 gallon up and running.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #8 
ldeneweth

He's beautiful! I wish we had nicer places around here who sold fish. Even the local shop takes horrendous care of their betta fish.
ldeneweth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:07 PM   #9 
LadyVictorian

Oh god I have about 37 hmplk's to pick from, their hm were pretty much already gone though, they said they ship a LOT of fish out of state. Between all the hmplk's I was struggling between 6 of them. Two were his brothers and sitting right next to him, another was the BEAUTIFUL lavender butterfly male, and a lovely light blue butterfly, they also had a hoard of sexy cambodian males and boy...it was a hard choice. Even their girls were all so beautiful, so many fish to pick from. I also love they carry red shrimp :D so I am getting some of them and they ship plants as well. I am def going more fish from them, for anyone in MN who can check this place out please do. The fish are drool worthy and the shop owners are so nice and very helpful. They will even pull up the breeder your fish is from if you want to know. GREAT people and great fish, totally worth the drive.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #10 
carbonxxkidd

Do they have cherries in the store? I am really interested in getting some but don't really want to order them online. Aqualand off Chicago in Minneapolis is my favorite fish shop in the area, but they don't have cherries, at least not that I saw last time I was there...