Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #11 
AyalaCookiejar

Yeah, that one. The paint didn't chip until after I tried scrubbing it, but the Gary ornament I have is half bald. -_- I've not had problems with the squidward tiki house thankfully, because its DaBaDees favorite.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #12 
babystarz

Crap, I have like 6 of those. None in use at the moment but I was planning to reuse them :/
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #13 
Artist with a betta

I took a piece of sand paper to the Sponge-bob house and I found rusted metal underneath I took it to my Squidward house and nothing but i'm still a bit skeptic. Here goes water change number two of the day -_- ... can someone send me a link to the website so I can complain.
Artist with a betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #14 
Artist with a betta

Name:  P1301210217132.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  22.3 KB
If you have one of these things too there's metal on the inside, because on the bottom of mine there's nothing but rust.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #15 
Artist with a betta

I've run a magnet across both the squidward and sponge bob house. Both of which made my magnet attract, so I have come to the conclusion they both contain metal.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:50 PM   #16 
Artist with a betta

Upon further inspection all of my ornaments are magnetic and contain metal -_-... I'v been toying with the idea of going natural and this decides it. Anyone know if the paint comes off the "natural" tank gravel, because at this point i'm not sure about anything anymore.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #17 
AyalaCookiejar

I'm glad the only decor I decided to put in my sorority tank was silk plants. I'm planning on putting a terracotta pot or a ceramic something or other in to replace the spongebob house.

I also have one of those rainbow cave things in my other males tank :( he's blind so I really didn't want to move the decor around.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #18 
Stone

Great I have one of these will just have to keep an eye on it, I checked itand did not see exposed metal anywhere
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #19 
AyalaCookiejar

I didn't either, because it was under the paint. I looked at one at Walmart last night and didn't see exposed metal, so I think mine may have been defective. I also don't know if metal is a problem inside the structure of the decoration, but it does seem that metal is used as an internal frame.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:03 PM   #20 
Firefly85

oh no that really sucks, my new tank build is all sponge bob, but it is the crusty crab not the house.
I am no it worries me about what i put in my tanks, and especially my shrimp tank.

I don't recall any of the older tank decor containing metal, but i guess they are getting cheaper as in material and more expensive as in price for poor merchandise.. ie crap

maybe there should be a warning thread for problem fish products.
Firefly85 is offline   Reply With Quote