Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #1 
bobdobbs

New member, new pic!

found some helpful info on this forum so i figured i would post a pic for you all to enjoy.

Pet shop beta. I have had him about a month feeding him tetra beta min flakes.

so i filled up a small office with some water and dropped in the fish!(his name is gossamer btw)
no flash, just room light, and yeah i see the water spot too..:(

Last edited by bobdobbs; 01-18-2013 at 06:27 PM.
bobdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #2 
via

Nice fish, I like his color way.
via is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #3 
bobdobbs

thanks im pretty happy with him. He is quite a character. there's a little "filing cabinet in this oddball tank. he sleeps inside it, no idea how or even why.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:45 PM   #4 
LeoTheLakerBetta

Lol hes pretty and you have such a cute setup. I like that idea :D
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #5 
Kitty Whiskers

I love the name! Nice Betta too :)
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:00 PM   #6 
SpeakNow13

Super cute! How big is his tank?
SpeakNow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:17 PM   #7 
madmonahan

He is very pretty! Show us a picture of the tank!
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:29 PM   #8 
bobdobbs

the tank is maybe 1.5 or 2 gal not even sure honestly. it was a gift from my wife(when we were still together) for one of my smaller tarantulas. before you ask, yes i keep tarantulas and used to have a business breeding them :) fun stuff. at one point i had over 400 Tarantulas. I figure about 200 of them were spiderlings(A.Avic) and the rest were adults. MY personal favorite was the H. mac or any of the "pokies"

but anyways heres that pic you all wanted.

also, those are rip cords in the background. I was in the 82nd airborne for about 5 years. I earned both of those because of main canopy failures.

also you will notice the bottle of stress coat, i just drop a tiny bit into the tank after a water change(which i do every 3 or so days 75% is changed) is that stuff good for neutralizing chlorine and general health and what not ?
Old 01-19-2013, 11:32 PM   #9 
carbonxxkidd

I have an Avic avic! :D I've had her for about 5 years now and got her as a sling. Very awesome.
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:35 PM   #10 
bobdobbs

A. Avic's are pretty awesome man, they sure love to jump though so handle close to the ground. Since they are one of the few arboreal species(they like to be in trees as opposed to holes in the ground) if you put some sticks and leaves in your tank you will find your spider fast making a web in the area for a home. A. Avic will aslo tolerate communal living. Each spider is different and there is always a chance for fighting or killing. I actually had 3 living together in a custom setup i made. I stacked two 10 gal fishtanks on top of each other(bottom of the top tanks was broken out) and the three of them lived in there quite happily. Until i realzed i had a female in there, hence the eggsac lol.
if you ever ant to see your A. avic shine wait till a fly gets in your tank, fruit fly, house fly it wont matter. they literally can jump from one side of a 10 gal aquarium to the other, which catching the fly in mid air. WHen i saw it my jaw hit the floor..spooky friggin awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonxxkidd View Post
I have an Avic avic! :D I've had her for about 5 years now and got her as a sling. Very awesome.
oh i wanted to add, i sometime get fruit flies in my house. likely from the house plants or something. but today one landed in my betta tank...lets just say i didnt know betas could move so fast...the splash scared the crap outta me!

Last edited by bobdobbs; 01-19-2013 at 11:38 PM.