Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #1 
Hopelessaddict101

:(

So, after much consideration, I will NOT be buying any new Betta now, or when my (now) only Betta passes on.

I've also decided to sell all of my fish tanks, heaters, gravel, etc etc.

The reason for this is because I only have a year and then I am off to university. I will be living cheaply with someone else, and I would like to be spending low money on food, electricity etc, and fish tanks can use quite a bit of power, and money. So I will not be having them during Uni.

I, however, have trusted within myself to start again once I finish Uni. Fish-keeping is one of my only true hobbies that I enjoy. I will not give it up that easy! I will be (hopefully) starting fish-keeping again after Uni, but what fish it is, I don't know. I want a big aquarium..
Hopelessaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

I understand totally.....I am glad to hear you are not giving up...just taking a break and I had to do that myself a couple of times too. I was lucky that I had a place to store all my fish stuff and it was kinda exciting going through all of it when I was able to get back to fish keeping again. Life happens and it come first....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #3 
Hopelessaddict101

Yup. It's a sad thing to do for me! I was looking foward to getting some new fish but mine live for 3-5 years, and I've only got another year or so before I move. And I wouldn't want to sell once I had them because I get attached. :(

And the worse thing is. I have a place for my fish stuff - but mum recently told me that my dad is going to be using the space. After she told me she would be able to hold onto my fish stuff in the sleep-out (what my dad is deciding to use) and it's just not fair! He already has two sheds.

And I don't think I could take twelve fish tanks to every house I move to. u_u
Hopelessaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote