Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #11 
Kytkattin

I too am in school right now, so I know the difficulties of traveling back and forth with fish. I am about 4 hours away from home and have been doing the back and forth thing for 2 years now. I have 3 tanks, one 2 gallon, one 5.5 gallon, and one 10 gallon. The 10 gallon is obviously the most difficult to move, though it is also a NPT. I also just set it up about 2 months ago, so it has only been moved once. Personally I would not want to deal with having the girls have to reestablish themselves after every move. I don't plan on setting up my sorority until I am living in a more permanent place, as much as I want to. However, if I was going to a school that was really adamant about only having one fish tank I would either get the 10-15 gallon sorority, or a giant for the larger tank size and just plant it like crazy.

Though that being said, I LOVE planted tanks. I couldn't imagine having a tank that wasn't planted at this point. I almost love my "underwater gardening" more than the fish! Though I also think of them as my little swimming flowers. :)

Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #12 
Roemgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytkattin View Post
I too am in school right now, so I know the difficulties of traveling back and forth with fish. I am about 4 hours away from home and have been doing the back and forth thing for 2 years now. I have 3 tanks, one 2 gallon, one 5.5 gallon, and one 10 gallon. The 10 gallon is obviously the most difficult to move, though it is also a NPT. I also just set it up about 2 months ago, so it has only been moved once. Personally I would not want to deal with having the girls have to reestablish themselves after every move. I don't plan on setting up my sorority until I am living in a more permanent place, as much as I want to. However, if I was going to a school that was really adamant about only having one fish tank I would either get the 10-15 gallon sorority, or a giant for the larger tank size and just plant it like crazy.

Though that being said, I LOVE planted tanks. I couldn't imagine having a tank that wasn't planted at this point. I almost love my "underwater gardening" more than the fish! Though I also think of them as my little swimming flowers. :)

I'm so glad someone has gone through the same thing :D So yeah my mom just told me NOT to bring any more fish home 0_0 but I plan on buying the girl anyway because a friend of mine offered to take them in so if he still is ok with that I will get her :D and yeah I would love to get a sorority tank going now but my worry is transporting them back and forth and putting them through all that stress and having so many may not be a smart idea or nice for them.
Roemgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #13 
Roemgie

I just bought her and we're on our way to college!
Old 01-21-2013, 01:09 PM   #14 
Shadyr

Glad you got her! She is a looker. I'm building a sorority right now, and I would certainly have gotten her had I seen her
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #15 
Roemgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyr View Post
Glad you got her! She is a looker. I'm building a sorority right now, and I would certainly have gotten her had I seen her
Yeah she's beautiful! And she is totally enjoying her tank and has been swimming to every corner and every rock making sure its real I guess :P I honestly saw a 20 gallon long tank and DARN did I want it so bad!!!!