Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-20-2013, 10:42 PM   #11 
LittleBlueFishlets

Going from the first picture (in the cup), to the last (in the tank) --- He looks better already.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #12 
jenjen182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer16 View Post
Our walmart does not carry fish anymore. I will be emailing head office about the betta care and contradicting information tomorrow sometimes
Yeah, neither does the one closest to us, but I do know one about 10 minutes away who still does. I strictly avoid their fish aisle.
jenjen182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #13 
Shadyr

When you buy a pale betta in a cup, there's really no telling how he will look in the end. I got a young male who was cambodian colors in the cup. White body, red edging to his fins. He's now fully and vehemently RED all over. My avatar guy (that's what he looked like at purchase) turned out to be a marble. He's a riot of color now - red, blue, teal, purple! I most recently got a female who pretty much looked like a minnow - grey and stripey - and she's developing wonderful teal and red colors.

Don't be suprised if your fellow responds to his new and healthy environment by becoming a fish of a different color
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #14 
Luimeril

he's not a cambo. looks more like a possible marble, or a bi-color. he should be fine now, since he has such a wonderful new home!
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #15 
Stone

When I shop at walmart it is usually late at night like 2-4 am and I will go look at the bettas to see if the accidentally got some nice ones, and while I am at it if any are in dirty looking water I will put their stuff to use and change the water in their cup by taking water from the tanks, it's like my secret good deed to the bettas
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #16 
crowntaillove3

Isn't the definition of a Cambodian a flesh or white body and a colorful tail?
crowntaillove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #17 
Luimeril

but he has other colors on his body. a true cambo usually doesn't have anything else. the red on his head makes me think bi or tri color.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote