Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #1 
kngiraffe

Filter help and suggestions?

I'm looking around for a filter that is quiet and does a pretty good job and won't like drowned my betta. I have a 5 gallon tank, that I'm gonna put my betta in.

I saw this filter and I'm amazed at how it works, anyone use this? or suggestions? Aqueon QuietFlow Aquarium Power Filters

Also, there is this one that the online petco chat person has told me to look at, Tetra Whisper PF10 Filtration System

any suggestions other then these two, or any thoughts on these two?

PLEASE AND THANK YOU!! :)
kngiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #2 
finnfinnfriend

I think the ones you mentioned are way overkill as far as gph for a 5 gallon betta tank... I recommend the aquaclear 20 or the Marina slim s10
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #3 
Artist with a betta

I would recommend a sponge filter. My little guy got stuck in a HOB and if I hadn't just walked in the door to noticed it, he would have lost more than a bit off his back fin.
Artist with a betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #4 
kngiraffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
I think the ones you mentioned are way overkill as far as gph for a 5 gallon betta tank... I recommend the aquaclear 20 or the Marina slim s10
so the marina one is on amazon for only $12 so i think im gonna get it the reviews for it are amazing. now, do you / have you had this filter before? if so, what all do i need to buy additional for refills later. because there are Marina Slim Filter Carbon Plus Ceramic Cartridge - 3-Pack and Marina Slim Filter Zeolite Plus Ceramic Cartridge - 3-Pack

since i have to buy it online because i don't have a petsmart only a petco around here, what all should i buy ?
kngiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:00 AM   #5 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kngiraffe View Post
so the marina one is on amazon for only $12 so i think im gonna get it the reviews for it are amazing. now, do you / have you had this filter before? if so, what all do i need to buy additional for refills later. because there are Marina Slim Filter Carbon Plus Ceramic Cartridge - 3-Pack and Marina Slim Filter Zeolite Plus Ceramic Cartridge - 3-Pack

since i have to buy it online because i don't have a petsmart only a petco around here, what all should i buy ?
I actually do have this filter in my 5 gal betta tank and it is fantastic! I would just order some filter sponge instead of cartriges because they are better for cycling. You can use carbon for the first month to get rid of any chemical residue on your equipment, but still no need to order cartriges seperately because they come with a couple cartriges. Usually I would also reccommend a prefilter sponge but the s10 comes with one! :)
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
filters, no idea, suggestions