Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #1 
JadeAngel

Worried for 2 months for nothing? Is my betta even sick?

So I've spent the last 2 months treating my betta fish with every medicine and natural remedy for bacterial and fungul infections (careful not to bombard him too much too) with no success.

Today I posted some pictures I took last week, and asked 2 of my friends (one studying marine biology, and the other works in an aquarium and always the one I go to for advice on betta care)

Well... he mentioned it looked like a marble... and I looked it up. So, seriously? The ONLY symptoms are color change and a bit of bloating (but he's had a bloated tummy... compared to my other betta... since we brought him home from the pet store)

No lathargic behavior, no scratching on his decorations, no loss of appetite or any change in personality whatsoever. No deterioration of fins or anything either.

So here's a website from bettasplenden I found showing the transformation of a blue betta into a true marble...
http://bettysplendens.com/articles/p...articleid=1114

and HERE attached is a before and after photo of our betta. (well, not before he started changing at all, I can't find my flash drive with those pics... but only shortly after he got his first white patch) That's him in my profile pic too. Sushi.

Even his EYES have changed colors, which you can see in the photo.

Is it possible at all that he was never sick to begin with? IS he actually a marble betta? Or is this just another trick mother fishy nature is playing on us?

We brought him home from the pet store the last days of July. This color changing started in November, and all that remains of his blue today is faintly visible on some of the top rays of his dorsel fin.

Any opinions?
Attached Images

JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #2 
osromatra

I've seen similarly shocking changes with marbles. I'd consider it positive that he is otherwise fit as a fiddle.
osromatra is offline   Reply With Quote