Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-22-2013, 01:22 AM   #21 
breeglet

Um, also. Would it be possible he is skinny because of parasites?

Edit: And should I continue feeding him bloodworms if he refuses to eat pellets? I know a diet solely founded on bloodworms is bad.

Edit2: He's in the tank and the temp is 77. Not sure if it will drop further. I sure hope he looks better in the morning. Goodnight forums..

Last edited by breeglet; 01-22-2013 at 01:37 AM.
breeglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:33 AM   #22 
breeglet

I'm going to make a different thread in the actual diseases forum since this area is way off-topic and may not get as many replies because of that. @__@
breeglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #23 
Oldfishlady

It could be internal parasite burden-fish always have internal parasites but they are not always a problem due to the fish immune response and regular shedding of the parasites. Usual S/S of heavy parasite burden is a eating without weight gain, emaciation, bloated abdomen and long term heavy burden you might see lethargic, clamp fins and deformities due to poor nutrition.

Sometimes you can see a change in fecal matter, however, not all internal parasites cause white stringy feces. Fish with white stringy feces or lack of white stringy feces doesn't rule it out or confirm the diagnosis-since stress can cause fecal matter changes too. IME-9 out of 10 times under microscope exam of white stringy fecal matter resulted in no parasites.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #24 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
Callistra, you're very smart and informative, but you need to quit jumping on people, be kinder about things, maybe then, they'll want to listen. A PM would have been the best place to smart off to him/her. Even in some of my threads about ill fish you've smarted off,came off like you thought you were better than me, i doubt that's how you meant things to sound, but when typing you've got to be very careful. It's easy to cause fights and arguments when you don't know exactly what they meant by typing something.

We love your knowlegde on Betta fish keeping, but it gets a little offensive sometimes..... :) So, maybe akinder and not so blunt approach to things may help?

Sorry if i came off rude.
+1

No offense of course, but you have hurt my feelings before /: This may not be the best place to mention it but I have to agree with the above post that you do sometimes come off as thinking you are better/smarter than others, even if you don't mean to...
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote