Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #1 
mellcrowl

New Bettas!

Hi guys! I'm new to the site and so I thought I'd introduce my bettas to you guys.
Current Head Count: 3 (1 female, 2 males)

First up is my HM Turquoise Butterfy male Paris. I assume he is around 10-12 weeks old.

Then today I stocked up on two new bettas. First the male, name is undecided as of yet. He apears to be a wild type Plankat with big ears, although he looks rather blue in this pic.

And the female: a Cellophane Crown Tail

So there we go. I am hoping to try breeding the female and the plankat boy together to get a marble, crowntail, plankat
mellcrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #2 
Adelais

So pretty! Love that PK!
Adelais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #3 
mattoboy

Wow! Beautiful! Congrats!
mattoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #4 
mellcrowl

What do you guys think would be the breeding results if I bred the girl to either boy?
Old 01-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #5 
LebronTheBetta

I love your butterfly! He's gorgeous. :D
If you breed the CT with either boy, you'll get some messy fins. It will take a few generations of 100+ babies to get a betta with even web reductions. I don't see the marble in them, I suck at genetics as well. (Heck, I didn't learn about genetics in school yet! Lol)
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #6 
LadyVictorian

If I were you I would get a nice looking hm female for your male. That would be more your better option at this point. Or do what I did...wait until you get good quality betta's. My newest boy is from Thailand and WAY worth it. They look better than ANYTHING you will ever see in petsmart or petco or other normal betta shops. Waiting for a shipment of show quality females to hit soon from Thailand. :P
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #7 
mellcrowl

I think Im gonna breed the CT girl to the HM boy and breed the best female out of the spawn to the plankat boy or i may just breed her back to dad
Old 01-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #8 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellcrowl View Post
I think Im gonna breed the CT girl to the HM boy and breed the best female out of the spawn to the plankat boy or i may just breed her back to dad

IF you bred the CT to HM you'd end up with a very messily finned HM

To get CTPK you would have to::
breed a crowntail female to a plakat male, you would end up with fish with fin length in between the parents, with very messy rays.
If you bred a female back to the dad you would end up with some CTPK's but you'd have to keep working on the line for quite a while before they bred true.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:38 PM   #9 
LadyVictorian

I agree with aemaki, you'll just get messy fins with that cambo, a MESS of messy fins with unattractive fish you can't home. I have seen crowntail pk mixes and BOY were they UGLY, I have also seen some ct HM crosses and they were just as ugly if not worse. Basically they looked like someone took a shredder to a HM's tail, sickly things.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:21 PM   #10 
mellcrowl

Got some new pics today. Here's their temperary tank

The female was snoozing so i only got one pic of her worth showing

The male finally got curious and came out. He's super shy, probably got shaken around by some little kid at the fish store.