I've had my female crowntail, Firework, for about two months. She was perfectly happy and healthy. She lived in a 1.5 gal that was heated to 78F.
Today after water changes I was feeding all my little fish babies. I dropped in the pellet for firework and she swam up to eat it, just like she always does. But when she ate the pellet she began spazzing, flipping around and nearly jumped out. Then she just stopped freaking out, remained still and began to float. My little baby was deamed dead soon after :(
I don't know what happened, it seems as if she choked! I don't understand how this happened, considering she has eaten this same pellet food for months. Has this happened to anyone else before? I am tears, Swim in peace firework!