Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #31 
LittleBlueFishlets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhaiitslily View Post
Please don't be so harsh on me. I literally have NO TIME to go to the pet store for at least 3 more days ( no exceptions) petco didn't mention it, I even asked them if it was okay and they said it was fine. I checked EVERYWHERE and they all said two females was the only okay option.
If you can't go to Petco, then you can pick up a one gallon "Critter Keeper" at Walmart for about $6. You could even pick up a one gallon pitcher at Walmart for even less.....

Then, keep the room warm, and you won't need heaters.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:31 PM   #32 
callistra

The people who work at petco have next to no training and no knowledge on how to care for animals. High school kids with zero knowledge and experience in anything can work there, and their goal is to sell as much as they can. Unfortunately, they can and often do give bad advice.

No idea where "everywhere" is, but considering I've never seen your set up be suggested anywhere, and I've read hundreds upon hundreds of articles, websites and forums (as well as experience in the matter) I know you didn't check everywhere. Believe us or not.. when the fish are dead a few months or a year down the line you'll know.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:31 PM   #33 
LadyVictorian

Ha, at petco they even had 10 gallons for $10...so why you got a 1 gallon is beyond me in the first place. most smaller tanks cost more than larger decent sized ones.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:31 PM   #34 
ohhaiitslily

That's even harder. I'll see what I can do about petco, I guess
ohhaiitslily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #35 
ohhaiitslily

I disagree, I looked everywhere. The cheapest I saw was like a tiny half gallon bowl for like $8. I have NO SPACE for anything larger than 1 gallon (or more than one tank) anyway. I've only said that about 5 times now
Old 01-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #36 
LadyVictorian

I would look into petco's dollar per gallon deal, you can even get a 5 gallon for $5 right now and make a cheap divider then return the other tank which I am 100% cost MUCH more than $5.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #37 
LadyVictorian

The if you only have room for one fish why did you buy two from the start? That isn't logical. I mean...read back, you answered yourself on everything so why do you have 2 fish? You only have money to care for one, you only have space for one...so why did you get two I ask? Why?
Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #38 
ohhaiitslily

And for the 6th or something ish time. I CAN'T FIT MORE THAN A GALLON. so I'm gonna try to return the fish.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #39 
LittleBlueFishlets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhaiitslily View Post
I disagree, I looked everywhere. The cheapest I saw was like a tiny half gallon bowl for like $8. I have NO SPACE for anything larger than 1 gallon (or more than one tank) anyway. I've only said that about 5 times now
Then you have no space for more than one fish.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #40 
callistra

I got my 2.5g for $12, and the 5gs sell for $15 at my LFS. Same at Petsmart and Petco. I would try looking there.

If you can fit a 1 gallon bowl somewhere a 2 gallon is no harder to fit... I know because I have both. Beyond that they do get bigger.'
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lethargic, not moving, not swimming, response to stimulus, two bettas