Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2013, 11:30 PM   #1 
veggiegirl

Wish me Luck!!!!

Hey there,,

Some of you may remember that a while ago I renovated my betta barracks tank to hold 10 bettas again and when I went and put my bettas back into the barracks tank they became poisoned from the fly screen that I used to divide the tank. Luckily with a lot of TLC I was able to nurse them all slowly back to health and thankfully did not lose any.

Well after cutting the tank apart again and replacing the fly screen with some fish safe filter bag mesh not to mention filling the tank to allow any toxins that may have been left in the tank to soak out (for a week), scrubbing the entire tank out 3+ times and then rinsing several times I finally set it up again this morning and put all of my bettas in (except the newish rescue betta which I want to make sure is 100% better before putting him in with the others). So far they seem okay, berry and secret had a huge flare off session as soon as I put them in and little Eclipse was swimming around happily entertaining himself. After a while berry and secret have began to sit around a bit but it is difficult to tell if something is wrong or they are just resting because they both have huge fins and as a result are never that active. Now and then they still have a bit of a flare but I am just keeping an eye on them.....so wish me luck, I have emptied and washed that tank so many times now I am thoroughly sick of doing it!! I just want everything to go smoothly and have happy bettas in a nice tank
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:01 AM   #2 
MistersMom

Can we have pictures!?
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #3 
veggiegirl

Hey there,

My boys seem to be okay this morning, still keeping a very close eye on them though. As soon as I get pics I will post some it is really only half set up at the moment though, when it is all done it will look way better. I'll be adding more silk plants and hopefully I will be able to find something for the bettas to hide in.
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #4 
MistersMom

Yay! soon to be pictures!
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote