Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #41 
Mal72
Member
 
Mal72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Always one step ahead (St. Aug, Fl)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlight View Post
i am addicted big time lol But i kind of realized i can't handle more then i already have. I have 4 at home and 3 at work. A few co worker now have them too. A few neighbors have them from me and love them.
One advice for people who have more than one betta. Always try use different changing equipment just in case one will get sick. Or at least if you see one of the betta has any symptoms of the sickness, separate him and don't share anything between him and your other fish. Also when you buy new betta never put him in the main tank , always quarantine it. I know a few people who brought new betta put it in the divided tank and contaminate it.
I always quarantine my bettas for at least a week before I put them in a divided tank. Now, I'm up to 6 (remember when I started this thread that I had four). I have a new Black Orchid HM who is in a quarantine tank right now and made a bubble nest on the first day. He is doing really well so far, but I don't know if he will have a divided tank. I have decided that 8 is my limit...It used to be 7, but 8 is the new number *twitch twitch* I just wanted to update everyone! :)
Mal72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #42 
Aluka
Member
 
Aluka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Oh 8 is my limit, i think i have told myself that many times =( now i have 10.

BUT i promised myself, no more boys, girls only =(
Aluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #43 
Mal72
Member
 
Mal72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Always one step ahead (St. Aug, Fl)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluka View Post
Oh 8 is my limit, i think i have told myself that many times =( now i have 10.

BUT i promised myself, no more boys, girls only =(

I'm literally sitting here thinking about places I could put new fish tanks. I like even numbers, so it may have to be 10 because I already have a name for 9 of them. What's one more? Haha.
Mal72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #44 
waterdog
Member
 
waterdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Baton Rouge Louisiana
I don't know what you guys are refering to? I only have a 75 tropical, a 30 goldfish, a 200 garden pond, a split 10 for bettas, a 5 and a 2.5 on my office desk, and a 20 waiting to be set up.
Addicted? What's that?
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #45 
Viva
Member
 
Viva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal72 View Post
I always quarantine my bettas for at least a week before I put them in a divided tank. Now, I'm up to 6 (remember when I started this thread that I had four). I have a new Black Orchid HM who is in a quarantine tank right now and made a bubble nest on the first day. He is doing really well so far, but I don't know if he will have a divided tank. I have decided that 8 is my limit...It used to be 7, but 8 is the new number *twitch twitch* I just wanted to update everyone! :)
Yeah, right now my limit is 6 and I have only 4 at the moment...need to get two more males! I have a 10 gallon community with a single male (HMDT), a 2-way divided 5.5 gallon with 2 babies from Petco (female VT's I think), and a 3-way divided 10 gallon NPT that I just set up last week. It has just one betta in it so far that I got yesterday (a male delta tail...cup said halfmoon but I'm skeptical). Plan on getting a CT from Chard56 and getting an HMPK from somewhere else so I can have a nice menagerie of colors and tail types! I'm already planning on other tanks though...I really want another 10 gallon for a giant male betta but I don't have the money to splurge yet (or the confidence to tell my boyfriend that I'll be adding to my collection of animals).
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterdog View Post
I don't know what you guys are refering to? I only have a 75 tropical, a 30 goldfish, a 200 garden pond, a split 10 for bettas, a 5 and a 2.5 on my office desk, and a 20 waiting to be set up.
Addicted? What's that?
Hahahaha, I wish I had all those tanks! I'd have a freakin' field day.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #46 
Mal72
Member
 
Mal72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Always one step ahead (St. Aug, Fl)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
Yeah, right now my limit is 6 and I have only 4 at the moment...need to get two more males! I have a 10 gallon community with a single male (HMDT), a 2-way divided 5.5 gallon with 2 babies from Petco (female VT's I think), and a 3-way divided 10 gallon NPT that I just set up last week. It has just one betta in it so far that I got yesterday (a male delta tail...cup said halfmoon but I'm skeptical). Plan on getting a CT from Chard56 and getting an HMPK from somewhere else so I can have a nice menagerie of colors and tail types! I'm already planning on other tanks though...I really want another 10 gallon for a giant male betta but I don't have the money to splurge yet (or the confidence to tell my boyfriend that I'll be adding to my collection of animals).


Hahahaha, I wish I had all those tanks! I'd have a freakin' field day.
I think I forgot to mention that I have a 20 gallon tank with Glo Fish Danios, 2 dogs, and a 150 gallon Oscar tank--in addition to 6 tanks from 2.5-5 gallons. Haha. I want a Giant too, but I heard on here that they often get health issues from the petstores. That would definitely be one that I would go with a breeder on if I were you. Chard56 has some gorgeous CTs!
I have a gorgeous red HMPK from Petco, but he is really aggressive. I've got two Black Orchid Halfmoons (one is a Rosetail), one Butterfly blue and white Twin Tail half moon, one Mascot (teal body, red tail) Delta tail half moon, and a female teal CT. I actually want a veiltale, but I am majorly spoiled with the HM and VT's in the Petstores seem to always have fin rot :(
Mal72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Treating Bettas with Anabolic Steroids to Prolong Life - Crazy or True? Nippyfish Breeding Betta Fish 9 06-11-2011 11:00 PM
So addicted--2 new bettas! kpullen89 Betta Pictures 10 03-05-2010 09:55 AM
Addicted to Bettas, #8, beautiful, pix! secuono Betta Pictures 16 02-28-2010 05:42 PM
Have I mentioned I'm addicted to bettas? doggyhog Betta Pictures 60 01-22-2010 08:36 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.