Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #1 
bethyMT

An aquabid feedback question

Hi everybody. I'd like to know what you would do in this situation, if you were selling me something.

I am very new to aquabid...total of 2 transactions. First one went well, I left good feedback, never got any in return. Second transaction was terrible, and I had to leave negative feedback, and got negative feedback in return. So now my feedback is 100% negative, for something I didn't even do ( but the seller will not admit anything and essentially stole my money). If you were a seller, and I wanted something you had, would you sell it to me, despite the rating, or would you not?

I'd really like to know if my aquabid experience is over after two transactions. It sucks that the "snail debacle" may have cost me both my money and my rep.

TIA. I just need to know the facts, no need to sugar coat.
bethyMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #2 
OSagent23

No I wouldn't buy anything or sell anything to you if your feed back was 100% negative. That's being honest. Most people don't care who you are and what you can honestly provide them if your feed back is bad.
Posted via Mobile Device
OSagent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #3 
LittleBettaFish

Maybe contact the sellers prior to bidding and just let them know that your negative feedback is not a reflection on you being a bad customer.

I did the same when I bid on some bettas on AB and I had zero feedback because the previous seller I used hadn't left me any.

Sellers like prompt payment so it helps if you can pay as soon as they send you the total amount (not saying you don't but I know some people can be unorganised and leave it to the last minute). That way they know that you are probably not going to pull a fast one on them.

When I see people with negative feedback on AB, I check the feedback of both the buyer and the seller. That way you can sort of form a picture of what has happened and whether it is someone you should be leery of purchasing from/selling to.

If it seems like it was retaliatory negative feedback such as seems to be the case with you, I would be a little more comfortable dealing with them as a buyer simply because it is hard when you have a low score and a bad purchase leaves you in the black.

So I say message the seller and you may find that they will accommodate you.

Edit: Wow, I must be a totally different person/had totally different experiences then!
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #4 
aemaki09

I probably would be iffy about selling to you as well. I am sure if you wanted to take your time talking to the seller like LBF said that would be helpful.

But if you use more than 1 e-mail address then I would just make a new account. That 1 negative feedback will haunt you for a while.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #5 
bethyMT

Ah, that sucks. Of course this had to happen to me... this seller was just, well, mean. Most of his feedback is good, of course, but boy he doesn't handle problems well. Can I tell you he swore in his feedback to me? Crazy. All right, it was edited to say F---. I assure you he did not mean "FUN."

I guess I will have to decide whether or not I want to salvage this. Contacting the members is a good idea, thanks. I usually contact sellers right away wherever I buy stuff online. That relationship is important.

In some ways this is really funny - I am a pretty nice person. This is really the first time I had a problem with anyone online. I tried so hard to work it out with this person. Too bad he kind of destroyed me.

So what do I do if I have another bad experience? Do I just avoid leaving feedback altogether to avoid the hatchet? So much I just don't know...
bethyMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #6 
aemaki09

If it were me, I wouldn't leave negative feedback if they don't leave it for you until you get a larger number of feedback, like above 8. I'm pretty sure you can leave feedback for up to 3 months after the transaction or something, so if something negative happens wait a bit before posting.

I can't believe that guy was such a jerk!
If you paid through PayPal you will probably be able to file a claim and get your money back through them if you think it's worth it.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote