Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #11 
PupPetta

I do not have the space heater aimed at the tank. And the temperature has been maintained at 80 all through the night. It seems that every medication has its ups and downs. the lady I talked to seemed to have a lot of knowledge and I felt my other option was to possibly further damage his labyrinth organ and she said she's used the revive in situations like mine and has seen some amazing turnarounds. I'll keep the toxicty risk in mind and will use less than the recommended amount. He seems to be doing a lot better so fingers crossed!
PupPetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #12 
callistra

Do not use less amount that the med says. If you use the med go full amount and for full time. It will likely just breed a resistant strain of whatever he has if you cut either.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #13 
PupPetta

Ok thank you I will do that next water change. He seems to be doing a lot better still not eating but swimming and even following my finger sometimes. He might now have swim bladder though...
Old 01-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #14 
PupPetta

Ok, now he has this strange bump between his pelvis fins. It looks like a food pellet (orangey brown) but there weren't any pellets in his tank to get stuck under there. Anyone know what this could this be??
Old 01-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #15 
PupPetta

Ha! Is this where Betts poop from? Im guessing so because it's now detached... It definitely wasnt normal but yay he hasn't done that for days!

Tags
fin rot, laying on bottom, melafix