Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-20-2013, 09:40 PM   #1 
RuniChan

Saved From Evil Children!

Hi everyone, allow me to first introduce myself; Runi, at your service!

Recently I rescued my two beautiful Betta fish from my evil little cousins. They were trying to starve and neglect them so they would die! Because I tutor them once a week I noticed that a week or two after they'd gotten these fish as presents, they stopped caring for them at all. The water was dirty and the fish were pretty lethargic. When I asked my cousins said that they didn't feed them for a while and wanted them "to die" from neglect and starvation!

After a few weeks of this fish turned black and barely moved to save energy. It was animal cruelty I couldn't watch, so I took them home and am currently caring for them :3 This was Tuesday. Since then I've made sure to change their water and feed them regularly, and just in 5 days their color has come back significantly, they are so much more energized, and I can see their different personalities a lot better.

Their fins have also naturally fanned out and I'm pretty sure they 'know' me, if not then they definitely know their food container. Haha. Since I've found this website I now know what upgrades and things to save for for my new gorgeous fish thanks bettafish.com

Next on my list to purchase a heater and a tank with seperators! Just got a thermometer and water conditioner!

Here they are!

Naruto:

Sasuke:
RuniChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #2 
blu the betta

the top betta is beautiful. he has a large head.
blu the betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #3 
registereduser

glad you were able to rescue them!

Not all kids are evil, I learned that here. Some really great kids "live" on this forum
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:50 PM   #4 
RuniChan

Oh yeah of course! It's just my cousins stated verbally they wanted to starve them to death :c so therefore they're evil haha
Old 01-20-2013, 09:51 PM   #5 
RuniChan

and yeah Naruto does, I think he's older then Sasuke.... Not sure though xD
Old 01-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #6 
blu the betta

why did you name them those names?
blu the betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #7 
RuniChan

haha well..... They're names from a popular Manga called Naruto, and actually a friend of mine helped me rename them and due to their color they represented Naruto the main character and Sasuke another important character. Also the two characters are always fighting so I thought it fit haha
Old 01-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #8 
Newbettamommy13

Good for you for rescuing them! I am a total fish lover and hate to see fish (or any animals actually) be mistreated. They look beautiful from your pics of them. My fishy is a blue veil tail named Mojo (you can see him in my avatar pic to the left).
Newbettamommy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:07 PM   #9 
itsuki

i love the names, if you get a third maybe you can name him rock lee. i do wonder if some parents put any real thought into their child owning a pet and think if their child is really ready for it or that it is just a spontaneous "I WANT ONE!!" ideas let usually ends up a dead/deserted or unloved pet. sadly i think it tends to be the latter of the two
itsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:14 AM   #10 
RuniChan

Thanks Newbettamommy! I actually don't know what mine are, me and a friend tried to pinpoint it but I think Naruto is a multicolored and Sasuke is a bi-colored.

@Itsuki

YES! THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN. Haha, my baby cousin (he's five) has a betta that he does 'try' to take care of haha, really it's me and my aunt, but his is red and he's named it Yoshi. xDD

But it's true, the boys took care of them for a few weeks and then..... the hype died off and they wanted them dead :c