Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #11 
asukabetta

he just died... just like that... came home and... yeah...

and no JBL is the best thing I could get my hands on. I was using a both, aq salt and JBL.

No there was nothing in the tank like I said, just the heater, it's a hospital tank.

The poop was fine.

I leave you guys with a picture of him... during yesterday's water change... perhaps you guys can figure out what happened to him-- meanwhile I'm sterilizing everything he touched.
Attached Images

Last edited by asukabetta; 01-27-2013 at 04:22 PM.
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #12 
Sena Hansler

The fins look like they have been bleeding, possibly from tail biting... Or very possible to be septicaemia though that is usually streaks rather than globs on the end of the tail. His fins also seem to be off in color... Brown in plces, and a lot thinner than they should have been. There is a chance he caught a secondary infection if he previously had fin rot.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:17 AM   #13 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
The fins look like they have been bleeding, possibly from tail biting... Or very possible to be septicaemia though that is usually streaks rather than globs on the end of the tail. His fins also seem to be off in color... Brown in plces, and a lot thinner than they should have been. There is a chance he caught a secondary infection if he previously had fin rot.
yes I said that most of the ich concentrated on his tail so he started biting because it was itchy for him.

When I bought him he didn't have signs of rot, but then again I am unaware what is his medical history beyond a week of his life.

The brown places are the missing scales, which was the reason I posted the thread in the first place. Though he was stressed due to being cupped.

He became thinner as he stopped eating.

Even so, I did 100% water changes and kept the water warm, the medication for ich set out to prevent infection of the wound-- and aq salt should have helped...
Old 01-28-2013, 08:23 AM   #14 
Sena Hansler

I don't recall it right now, but I think there is another external parasite that can look like black under the scales? (Correct me if I am wrong)
Old 01-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #15 
Caii

I'm so sorry for your loss, and I hope that he swims in peace.. :'(
Caii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #16 
asukabetta

Quote:
I don't recall it right now, but I think there is another external parasite that can look like black under the scales? (Correct me if I am wrong)
I'm not sure, even so wouldn't my medication have worked against it? It is for parasites external ones anyways... gah-- I hate this... why did he have to die...
Old 01-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #17 
Sena Hansler

What mattered, is that you tried. So don't blame yourself - you did very well with the amount of time.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #18 
asukabetta

Quote:
What mattered, is that you tried. So don't blame yourself - you did very well with the amount of time.
thanks... I told the store but they just blamed me... typical.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:35 PM   #19 
Skyrocket Moon

I'm sorry he ended that way. He looked really cool too like a bald eagle with his yellow mouth and white head.
Skyrocket Moon is offline   Reply With Quote