Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #1 
Kithy

A good note for all owners

Like most of you betta owners, I check my fish out regularly to see if anything is amiss. I also take a LOT of pictures because I like bragging how pretty Alacrity is.

A huge benefit of constantly snapping pictures of your fish is you're able to examine it better. In a second of watching your fish swim, it may squirm and dance for you, making it really hard to see little things. But when you take pictures you can closely examine everything.

That's how I found a tear in Alacrity's fin today. I hadn't really noticed it before but when I was cleaning the pictures up a bit I noticed it pretty well.

So for all owners, if you don't have a good camera, I suggest you get one. And take lots of pics :3 (As if we needed more reasons to take pictures of our fin-babies!)

Kithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #2 
AyalaCookiejar

Yeah, it is easier to see some things in pictures, isn't it? But that just looks like a fin split luckily so it will likely heal quickly on it's own with no special treatment :)

Lucky me, my camera takes pictures as fast as 1/4000 of a second. The best thing to do when taking pictures is to get as much good florescent lighting as possible. I have a flourescent bulb that I use to get good lighting. Most cameras, fancy or not, will take pictures faster with as much light as possible (if you can get it so it's not over-exposed). It's a nice auto feature: The more light you have, the less long the shutter has to be open, meaning the faster the pictures. I take pictures on high aperature to allow as much light as possible so that my shutter speed is as fast as possible.

Also, if the pictures are over-exposed and you can adjust the focus to a certain part of the picture, you want to get the lightest thing in the focal area and the camera will tone down the exposure. (It always tries to correctly expose whatever it's focused on, so if you have extremely light/dark places, the exposure gets all messed up, especially if the camera doesn't know what it's trying to focus on.)

Just a tip, lol :)
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #3 
Kithy

I love using picmonkey to enhance my pictures :3 I did check his gazebo and found some sharp edges so I spent about 45 mins filing it down >.<
Kithy is offline   Reply With Quote