Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-24-2013, 05:44 AM   #1 
Sparrowhawk

What do planted tank enthusiasts think of this?

I guess this is in some ways a follow-up from my previous thread about lighting, but I just found this on eBay and was wondering what aquarists who know their stuff about plants and their requirements think of this lighting:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HIGH-POWE...item7472a9fa02

It seems too good to be true to me! In exactly the size I'd want, with amazing specs in comparison to what I currently have. Sure, what I have gets me by, but I sure wouldn't mind having a nice compact, low-heat, low-energy setup that I could do more with... Of course, I'd like to hear opinions before blowing the money.

So, what do you think?

Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #2 
sandybottom
Reference Team

they are very interesting and quite appealing to me. the question i have is about an adapter for the plug. it has an australian approved plug. are adapters easy to find for these?
sandybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #3 
aemaki09

It seems legit to me. LED lights are pretty cheap. I'm actually tempted to get one and try it as well! I have to come up with some money though, so in the mean time, order it and let me know how it works for you ;)
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #4 
Sparrowhawk

Two votes of approval, that's good to hear. I'll be purchasing one in the next couple of months (broke the bank a little in the process of buying up plants and driftwood >.<) so I'll be sure to let you know if there's a change in growth rates once I get it. ^.^

As for an adapter, it's fairly easy to find US to AU adapters over here, don't see why you shouldn't be able to find one to convert from AU-US there.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #5 
funkman262

Seems to peak at the correct wavelengths for greater PUR values.
funkman262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #6 
efg321

Is this the complete unit.? I dont think so ask questions! By the time you add all the a la carte parts you could of bought a unit in the states!
efg321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #7 
Sparrowhawk

The link I posted is just for the unit itself, which needs an adapter to run. They sell the whole lot, with adapter and dimmer, for about $21, which is $9 cheaper than the so-so units that are currently "getting me by". I don't doubt that by the time you pay for postage to the US, it would've been cheaper buying locally, but for me it's an awesome deal considering prices of anything aquarium-related here. I'm really quite jealous of the cheaper prices a lot of people on here get, opens up so many more possibilities on a budget!