Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #11 
somnomania

@MattsBettas - I hadn't considered that; I can try just doing regular water changes and stopping the epsom salts, and see if that helps. I'm not sure what you mean by a "proper" quarantine tank, though. This one has heat and an airstone, and does get the water changes every other day.

@LittleBlueFishlets - I've been using the Maracyn for about two weeks, as callistra suggested to me in my original thread. I just changed his water today and didn't put any Maracyn in.

@callistra - Two teaspoons of Epsom salts per gallon, and I've stopped the Maracyn now. His poop is a reddish brown, which is about what color his food is, so I'm not too concerned there. There isn't any white or fluffy stuff in the tank.
somnomania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #12 
callistra

It may be a fluid filled cyst/tumor as opposed to actually gi problem then.. if his poop is normal.. that would suggest this.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote