Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #1 
MorganC2010

Question Betta tattoos?

Hello all! I believe this is the right thread for this question/topic. I recently got a tattoo of my dog's paw print. It had me thinking, does anyone have a tattoo of their betta? I've been wanting to get a tattoo of fish scales of some sort but now I'm thinking about just getting one of my Bettas. If you have them post a picture if you don't mind! Or tell me why you think it's a good idea or not.
MorganC2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #2 
fgradowski

I was thinking about it...with quotes from the books they are named after. (Each of my fish are named after characters in books I have read.) Vardaman's quote would definitely be "My mother is fish". Best quote of the whole book too. I just got my first tattoo though. I'm not so sure on this fish idea because how many bettas am I going to have in my lifetime? I can't put them all on my body!
fgradowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:43 AM   #3 
LyLy

If you do decide to commit to a tattoo to immortalize your pet, be sure to choose the right artist for the job. That's honestly the best advice I can offer, aside from choosing a reputable, clean, and respected establishment, try to seek an artist that can render your fish as a tattoo to the style you want.
LyLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #4 
Skyewillow

I was thinking about getting a couple of the names in Thai characters. Like Hu's name, maybe behind my ear (his name means "Ears")

Or maybe the Thai word for betta, Plakat.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #5 
MorganC2010

Thank you for the advice. I already have a tattoo from an artist whom id want to do it. I was wondering if anyone already had one and how it looks :)

Fgradowski that's a cool idea! If I did get one I may just get their name. As for deciding which one thy would be tricky. I wouldn't get one or every betta I have. Just one to remember a certain betta and all of the Bettas I have. If I had to go tomorrow and get it done I'd pick Tiberius bc he is my first betta. But it would be a hard toss up between him and Jasper since Jasper is so handsome.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #6 
MorganC2010

Skyewillow, cool idea, I didn't think about their names in other written languages. I may have to do some research :) which is do anyway before getting a tattoo of course. It took me 3 years between desiding that I wanted one and what I was getting to actually getting it done.

So anyone considering it as well, think about it for a while and so your research :)
Old 01-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #7 
fgradowski

Yeah, I think I'd probably get Algernon because he is my first betta. He's the one that made me learn so much about them. But Vardaman is super pretty and has the cool story to his name...I already know what my next tattoo is going to be though. Haha. Thought of it while I was getting my first one done last week.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #8 
Skyewillow

I just went to www.translate.google.com

I also have a translator on my phone.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:03 PM   #9 
MorganC2010

Fgradowski, haha I did that too. When I was still in the process of getting one I was planing what my next three would be lol. Also, I love your avatar picture! Something similar ran through my head yesterday while I was taking pictures of Jasper and he was pulling the grumpy cat face lol.

I have the translator too, I'm gonna check it out now, thanks :)
Old 01-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #10 
fgradowski

I can't actually believe that I want another tattoo! It was so painful! But I'm in love with the end product. Plus, I have to try to hide them from my dad. Haha. I don't really want them in visible places anyways.
I actually think if I were to get a tattoo of Algernon, I would give the artist that grumpy picture. Everyone knows him as the grumpy fish.

Tags
tattoo