Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #1 
kandaila

Hi!

Hi, I'm new to forum and re-new to bettas . I've had bettas on and off for a few years and made some silly mistakes. I'm now interested in keeping my bettas in a happier and healthier way and learning about these wonderful fish. I currently have two beautiful boys in a split 2.5 gallon. The pale one is Star and the dark one is Nightshade (although my husband refuses to call them anything other than Joe and Barack ). Long term I would love to start a small sorority and maybe even dable in breeding.
Attached Images

kandaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #2 
veggiegirl

Hey there and welcome to the forum! Your bettas are lovely and your tanks are nicely set up
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:10 PM   #3 
kandaila

Thank you! I bought and set up the tank before I had read much on this and other betta keeping websites. If I could do it again i would go with a little larger tank maybe a 5.5 to split rather than a 2.5 but I've been making sure to keep up on my water changes and keeping the tank heated well. The boys seem happy and are certainly interested in anything going on around them . The only problem I seem to be having is that they hate bloodworms . I've never had a betta that would refuse them and I was really excited to buy jar for these guys, but when I give them any they swim over excited to see what they are but just look disgusted and swim away... However they LOVE their cheap pellet food lol.
Any tips on tempting finicky fish to try new foods?
kandaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #4 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping....

Nice to meet you....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:21 PM   #5 
veggiegirl

Hey there,

Ummm bloodworms aren't actually very good for bettas as fish cannot digest the worm casings which can lead to a lot of troubles. If you wish to feed them just offer them as a very occasional treat. It is great they love the pellet feed though as it is the most important part of their diet because it is nutritionally balanced. If they do not like bloodworms try some other foods I used to give mine frozen brine shrimp now and then.... Good luck
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote