Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #1 
Elliriyanna

Lightbulb Winning over my boyfriend!!

My boyfriend and I have been together over two years now and he has never really liked my pet choices ... He doesn't like my rats, he doesn't like my hamsters ... FINALLY we found something we can sort of agree on ... FISH , They don't smell they don't take a ton of room you don't take them to the vet

He actually agree that as long as I dont get anymore hamsters until I can set up my 40 long ( which I keep as a hamster cage) he is fine with three tanks in our bedroom :D Plus my rats of course ( since I am planning on ratproofing our bedroom lol)

The bad news ... My hamsters are a year and a half ... So I probably won't have either of them TOO much longer :(

anyone else had any similar issues?
Elliriyanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #2 
Laki

Rabbits.
My bf is allergic to her hay. We compromise. AND he thinks they are adorable but I cannot afford another one even if I wanted. He likes holland and french lops so I think there could be one in our future IF I take care of the hay and its hay "is in another room like the basement".. I won't agree to that part but I am sure I can weasle something out of him.
My bf don't care for my tanks either. He likes to look at them every now and then and only for the first time looked at my shrimp today for like 15 seconds. Called it stupid that they had their own tank. lol Oh well.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #3 
Skyewillow

Laki, I store my hay out of our room, I hate it all over the floor. As long as you put it in a tote (and they make totes big enough for a full bale) you could store it in a snowdrift if you wanted. lol I would give some wiggle on where to store the hay, if the rabbit could stay in, especially since he's allergic. It's no fun being stuffy all the time.

Mike doesn't like my rabbits too much, they stomp at 3 AM, they dig all night, and they throw their hay all over the floor. Plus, the bucks smell. (Which I'm allergic to). He also doesn't like my African Clawed Frogs. But, he finds them useful when he gets an overabundance of guppies, and I stamped my feet and threw a tiz till he let me keep them here (I had them before I got kicked out)

We compromise a lot. The frogs are in a 5.5 right now (that I have to clean 3x a week) just so I can keep them in the limited amount of space.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #4 
Elliriyanna

LOL My boyfriend knows better than to call anything I do stupid or I will kick his butt

My only pet he truly likes is our cat ( You remember Emma? ) and I HATE cats ... Even mine some days ... Yesterday I caught her with my headphones which are now destroyed and she eats plastic

Holland lops are SO CUUUUUUTE ... But I know I am not cut out as a bunny owner
Old 01-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #5 
Skyewillow

Elliriyanna - I'm not much of a cat person, but he is. I got a couple of kittens for us last summer. He loves that lump of a cat! (Mine went missing)
Old 01-26-2013, 06:29 PM   #6 
Elliriyanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post
Elliriyanna - I'm not much of a cat person, but he is. I got a couple of kittens for us last summer. He loves that lump of a cat! (Mine went missing)
There is a long story behind Emma but basically it was get her or she would die... We spent about $400 getting her healthy. And she is SPOILED
Old 01-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #7 
Skyewillow

Ours was life or death too. My brother was going to drown them if we didn't take them! >_<
Old 01-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #8 
Elliriyanna

I wish it would have been that kind for Emma ... I wish I could have gotten her mommy... They don't believe in spaying and neutering or even feeding their pets ... there was carnage everywhere from Emma's mother trying to feed her. I miss Boo so much :( I offered to pay for her spay but he wouldnt let me and the cops wouldn't do anything
Old 01-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #9 
Skyewillow

that's horrible :(
Old 01-26-2013, 06:44 PM   #10 
Elliriyanna

We had to pull Emma early but I couldn't take her mom or brother ...

Emma is thriving though you would never guess her rough start or that she was feral when I pulled her