Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-26-2013, 10:43 PM   #11 
LeoTheLakerBetta

:( Did she jump out? Aww I'm so sorry for your loss. Don't feel bad though; these things happen and the best thing to do is move on with more knowledge than before. :)
One of my ladies jumped out while I was feeding them and she would've taken the full 4 ft drop but lucky for her and me she hit the stand first so it broke her fall by a lot. I quickly scooped her with a cup; I just couldn't pick her up bare-handed lol
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:02 AM   #12 
Mandy Pandy

Yeah she did. Everyone has makeshift tops over their containers now. Loose of course so they can still get air. When I go back to Walmart in a bit I may have to get both black girls. I dunno if I can choose between them.. 12 is ok for a sorority right? Or should I really have an odd number? I remember reading somewhere odd numbers are best.
Mandy Pandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:19 AM   #13 
Mandy Pandy

Stocking wise, Aquadvisor says with 12 girls I would be 99% stocked and 103% if I go to the next odd number of 13. They will be sharing a tank with 2 bristle nose plecos and a mystery snail that are already there. Now, the tank is super heavily planted so I was wondering if I could squeak by with being slightly overstocked and under filtered. (I have a Hagen Fluval C2 that is apparently not the strongest filter in the world. I may be able to add another filter in the future but not for at least a month or so after the expense of buying the girls.) What says you? :)
Old 01-27-2013, 12:36 PM   #14 
Mandy Pandy

Ah well.. there was only one of the black girls there today so I guess that made my decision for me. Here's a picture of the new girly as well as some better pictures of a few of the others that I took during water changes today.

The crowntail marble girl

The lucky lady that gets to be kept in the critter keeper

The pretty pink girl that wouldn't let me get a clear shot of her yesterday.

The girl I think looks copper, she's almost see through too!

And my new girl still in her blue water. I'll try to get a better shot tomorrow when I'm doing her water change. The container she's currently in isn't the clearest.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #15 
blu the betta

the red one was my favorite too. im sorry for your loss.
blu the betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #16 
bettaisbetter

Good luck with your sorority! All your girls are so pretty.
bettaisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:14 PM   #17 
Mandy Pandy

Oh, and here's my 'baby' betta, Belle. She's already in the big tank. :P

Old 01-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #18 
shawnee

no offense intend but it horros me that you would pick up walmart petco and petsmart bettas they are none for being always infected with something and ar alomst never the breed that is on thast lable but good luck
shawnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #19 
bettaisbetter

Those 3 stores are the ones that people always go to. I bought all my bettas at Petsmart and Petco with an exception of 1 girl who was at a LFS but in an overcrowded tank. They weren't sick, they were stressed from improper care.

Mandy Pandy, your girls look simply divine. I love Belle. :)
bettaisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #20 
Mandy Pandy

Well.. I'm sorry that I horrify you but those are my best options for getting fish as my local fish stores don't seem to ever carry females. These girls deserve a home just as much as any other betta. They're going to be quarantined in their own little containers for two weeks to make sure no one is sick before starting their sorority life and if any medical issues arise they will be treated as needed. My baby did her quarantine in the big tank and has been there for quite some time already. I have had no health issues with her what so ever.

Thank you bib :D

Last edited by Mandy Pandy; 01-27-2013 at 01:46 PM.