Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-27-2013, 01:39 PM   #21 
carbonxxkidd

I got all my girls at Petco and Petsmart too...there's really not another option unless you want to spend a ton of money on Aquabid or something. All my girls were healthy and I didn't even QT them...they've been in the tank for over a month now with absolutely no problems. My Walmart just started carrying females but all of them always look terrible. If I saw a black one like you got there though I might consider trying to nurse her back to health! Very pretty girls!
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:51 PM   #22 
Mandy Pandy

I didn't really expect to find anything at Walmart and I expected that I was going to end up back at Petco to pick up my number 11. I was super surprised to see at least four girls that I wanted to take home! There were three blacks and one that was a really really pretty blue that reminded me of denim. I still kinda want that blue girl but I think I'm gonna stick to having 11.
Mandy Pandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:09 PM   #23 
fishy314

Location: I wonder how long and boring this location can be before bettafish.com makes me stop typing this sen
Looking forward to seeing the girls in their tank - it's gonna be a real contender in my contest!
fishy314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #24 
Mandy Pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishy314 View Post
Looking forward to seeing the girls in their tank - it's gonna be a real contender in my contest!
I can't wait either! Honestly the tank has changed a bit since I took t that picture. I've added new plants and others have moved a bit. I just added some java moss to the left piece of wood and will be taking a picture as soon a the dust settles a bit more. :)
Old 01-27-2013, 05:46 PM   #25 
Mandy Pandy

I just trimmed a few plants in the back and replanted the tops so in another two weeks things should be much lusher. I also expect the lily in the lower right (hard to see in this pic against the log) to take off and get a lot bushier as well.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #26 
broncosfan84

I've been told that if your tank is heavily planted you can go with 13-15 in a 20L. The plants will take care of the ammonia.
broncosfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #27 
Haleigh

Wow. Your sorority looks awesome. Have you named the girls yet? Also, I bought my betta from Petsmart, aside from being a bit stressed at first, he hasn't had any health problems.
Haleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #28 
Mandy Pandy

I've named a few but unfortunately I've had some loses. Two girls died from dropsy while in qt and one of my crowntails has it too.. I don't expect her to survive much longer. :(

All of the other girls are doing just fine though and I've got two more to replace the ones I've lost and are now floating in their cups in the tank. One of the girls, the spade tail got roughed up a bit, big chunk of her tail missing, but she's healing nicely and it doesn't seem to bother her much.

My little baby Belle has been renamed Vriska Bell after a vicious character in the web comic, Homestuck. She was soooo not cut out for sorority life. She flared and constantly chased everyone and was the one that ripped up my spade tail, Aradia. So now Vriska has her own 10 gallon palace that she shares with a mystery snail. ^_~
Old 02-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #29 
Shadyr

One of my crowntails has chased and nipped at some of the new arrivals as they get introduced. If she persists, I put her in a floating breeder box. SHE HATES IT. It seems a few hours to a day in the box straightens her up. Till the next introduction at least X_X

Personally, I say "Go you!" for giving all those pet store girls a chance. All mine came from three chains too. I did have several not make it past their first few days, but I have 9 lovely girls in my tank now. They seem to be pretty settled in, and it's adorable in a mini-pirhana way the way they crowd up at feeding time.

PS: Your black was lovely, but that pink girl! She's sweet! (And is begging to be named Valentine)
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #30 
Fenghuang

All our bettas came from Petsmart and Walmart as well. None of them came down with any illnesses that could possibly be store-related.

I love what I'm seeing so far. It makes me really want to start my own sorority.
Fenghuang is online now   Reply With Quote